Best dining choices

Thinking of a Disney park adventure? Get help planning your next trip to the house of mouse!
MollieDuck
New Hopper
New Hopper

Best dining choices

Postby MollieDuck » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:26 pm

I'm having a hard time planning where to eat for my Feb vacation. Would love some suggestions. I'm a party of one ... leaving the husband at home this trip.,LOL Thanks for some suggestions.
Mollie Duck
MickeyMom
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Re: Best dining choices

Postby MickeyMom » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:31 pm

Via Napoli, Sanaa, Boathouse
MollieDuck
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby MollieDuck » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:32 pm

Where is Sanaa?
disneyde
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby disneyde » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:34 pm

Our favorites are California Grill, Topolino’s Terrace, the Wave (bacon and eggs!), Wine Bar George, Homecomin, and Sanaa. If you go a little off property, Bull and Bear at the Bonnet Creek Waldorf Astoria is amazing! For breakfast, we love Kona. We love Boma as well but it’s not open right now :(
Lives in Massachusetts
WDW Annual Passholder
Disney Fairy Tale Wedding Bride
Cymru Dee
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby Cymru Dee » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:37 pm

MollieDuck wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:32 pm Where is Sanaa?
It’s in kidani village animal kingdom resort. I’d recommend this too, the bread service is excellent.
Ace
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Ace » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:51 pm

Are you looking for in park options or out of park options?
“Why worry? If you’ve done the very best you can, worrying won’t make it any better.” - Walt Disney
TK8286
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby TK8286 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:20 pm

My family is bad about going to the same places over and over again. We try new restaurants from time to time at Walt Disney World, but we like to go to our favorites. The advantage of going to the same places over and over again is that you get some idea of the consistency overtime of the dining experience.

My favorite fancy restaurant is California Grill, atop the Contemporary Resort. It is expensive, but we have consistently had some of our best meal experiences there. It is unbeatable for the view, the atmosphere, and the food. This restaurant is our celebration restaurant.

My next favorite restaurant is very nearly Ata with the California Grill. The Kona Café for breakfast is a ritual for our family. This is because a Tonga Toast. There are many people that are devotees to Tonga Toast. Even if you don’t get it, we’ve never had a bad meal there. I particularly enjoy the Kona coffee in the French press. We have never eaten there other than breakfast, but that’s because the breakfast is so amazing.

I will also throw out some of our favorites in no particular order. Via Napoli is amazing. The Sa’tuli Canteen is one of, if not the best quick service on WDW property. I was not impressed by the cheeseburger pods, but everything else was amazing. The online ordering makes things a lot faster and there’s a lot of seating. Plus, it’s tucked away in Pandora and a good place to catch your breath. We almost always eat at the land pavilion food court at some point on one of our trips.

Chef Mickey’s is a sentimental favorite of mine, however my family has shied away from buffets over the years. The cost versus the amount of food that my family could eat didn’t seem to be a good fit for us. Despite that it is still one of my favorite places to eat at Walt Disney World.

I would also give a plus one for Sanaa. We only had appetizers and drinks there, but it was a great experience. I have a close friend who says it’s their favorite restaurant on property.

I used to enjoy the Crystal Palace a whole lot, but once my family got to a point where buffet didn’t make sense for us, we haven’t been in a while. I really like the variety. I have another Disney friend who said she will never go back to Crystal Palace. She says the food is too generic.

Rounding out this post, we have almost always ended up at the Contempo café at the Contemporary or Captain Cook’s at Poly at some point in time during a trip. Comtempo’s flat breads are good, and my kids love being able to snag a cupcake. Maybe me too. It is really consistent. Captain Cook‘s is like was a sentimental favorite of our entire family. We’ve eaten breakfast, lunch and dinner there. We almost always eat outside by the waterfall. Again it’s a sentimental favorite that we tackle right after we check in at the poly.

I sincerely hope this helps. These are just my recommendations based upon my families preferences.
J. Stultz
DVC member- BLT
TK 8286- Trooper of the 501st Legion,
Certified Disney Nerd and Tonga Toast Fanboy
BlackDOG across the SW forums universe....
TK8286
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby TK8286 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:21 pm

Cymru Dee wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:37 pm
MollieDuck wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:32 pm Where is Sanaa?
It’s in kidani village animal kingdom resort. I’d recommend this too, the bread service is excellent.
The bread IS INCREDIBLE!
J. Stultz
DVC member- BLT
TK 8286- Trooper of the 501st Legion,
Certified Disney Nerd and Tonga Toast Fanboy
BlackDOG across the SW forums universe....
Hopper01
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby Hopper01 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:25 pm

In disney springs Blaze Pizza is great!
randyf79
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby randyf79 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:30 pm

Disney Springs: The Boathouse and Chef Art Smiths for sit down. Quasi table service/counter service - The Polite Pig.
Fancy: California Grill atop the Contemporary Resort
Fun: Take the boat over to Wilderness Lodge - Whispering Canyon Cafe (Be sure to ask the waitstaff for ketchup.)
World Showcase at EPCOT - All you can eat at the German Biergarten, dinner and a show in Japan (they cook at your table).
Lot's more...but that will get you started! Bon appetite.
Pixiedustmama
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby Pixiedustmama » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:44 am

Table Service:
MK - Skipper Canteen
EPCOT - Biergarten, Chefs de France, Tokyo Dining, any of the festival booths
Hollywood Studios & Animal Kingdom- we prefer to hit QS here and then do table service at the resorts
Animal Kingdom Lodge - Sanaa or Boma
Contemporary - Chef Mickeys or California Grill
Poly - Ohana (dinner)
Claire
wife - mom of 2 Boys - foodie
MollieDuck
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby MollieDuck » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:39 am

Ace wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:51 pm Are you looking for in park options or out of park options?
I'm planning to be in the parks the whole time yes. Thanks
MollieDuck
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby MollieDuck » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:41 am

Pixiedustmama wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:44 am Table Service:
MK - Skipper Canteen
EPCOT - Biergarten, Chefs de France, Tokyo Dining, any of the festival booths
Hollywood Studios & Animal Kingdom- we prefer to hit QS here and then do table service at the resorts
Animal Kingdom Lodge - Sanaa or Boma
Contemporary - Chef Mickeys or California Grill
Poly - Ohana (dinner)
I'm interested in Chefs De France. Do you recommend a certain dish here? Thanks!!
Ace
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Ace » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:45 am

MollieDuck wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:39 am
Ace wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:51 pm Are you looking for in park options or out of park options?
I'm planning to be in the parks the whole time yes. Thanks
These are my personal favorites:

MK: Caseys (If open :( ), Crystal Palace, Pecos Bills. I used to really enjoy Tortuga when it was open but they have changed their menu a bit. A quick monorail ride away is California Grill which contends for my favorite dining on property with Ohana.
AK: Flame Tree BBQ, Yak and Yeti (I am not too adventurous when it comes to AK options).
DHS: 50s Prime Time, Sci-Fi Drive In (these two for the experience), Woody's Lunchbox and Rosies All American are good quick service places.
Epcot: World Showcase has so many good options I tend to always eat back there. However Garden grill is a great sit down character experience and sunshine seasons has good food as well (both in the land pavilion).
“Why worry? If you’ve done the very best you can, worrying won’t make it any better.” - Walt Disney
DanaMarie
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby DanaMarie » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:42 pm

I enjoy Sunshine Seasons in the Land Pavillion. With all of the great festival options and finding around the world, I feel like this great QS place is often overlooked. They have a nice variety of healthy, substantial comfort food.

I always make sure to include it when I do a lengthy trip but skip it for the quick long weekends to allow for more options in World Showcase.

Have a great trip MollieDuck!