Will the Disney Dining Plan come back?

Who doesn't love Churros, Be Our Guest, or the EPCOT Food and Wine Festival?
Londwar
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Will the Disney Dining Plan come back?

Postby Londwar » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:19 pm

Hello all. So just our of curiosity, does anyone know if the DDP will come back by next year? I am planning a trip for 2022 and would love to use the DDP.
2 years learning Spanish and all I remember is "Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas."

andgoodale
New Hopper
New Hopper

Re: Will the Disney Dining Plan come back?

Postby andgoodale » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:21 pm

I keep wondering the same!
dkm914
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby dkm914 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:26 pm

I hope it comes back this year for our trip in the fall.
Londwar
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Londwar » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:30 pm

For those that do use it, do you feel that it is worth it? The thing I am always concerned about is the idea that some of the entitlements do not get used at the end. I realize that you can cash them in but will I get my $$'s worth at that point.
2 years learning Spanish and all I remember is "Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas."

Stacy74
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby Stacy74 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:04 pm

I hope it is coming back. My family used it for the first time 2 years ago and it was fabulous! I as a mom am always looking to save money so I end up trying to look for the cheapest food for myself. However with the dining plan I could pick what I really wanted without worrying about the price! It was already paid for.
Londwar
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Londwar » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:20 pm

Stacy74 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:04 pm I hope it is coming back. My family used it for the first time 2 years ago and it was fabulous! I as a mom am always looking to save money so I end up trying to look for the cheapest food for myself. However with the dining plan I could pick what I really wanted without worrying about the price! It was already paid for.
Do you find that you have entitlements left over at the end? I know you can "cash them in" at any time but it feels like I end up having a bunch of snack credits at the end and I am getting a bunch of inexpensive snacks.

Aeroangel23
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby Aeroangel23 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:26 pm

I love the dining plan. I didn't have to worry about having many charges on my credit card. But I may switch to disney gift cards to avoid that if the dining plan dosnt come back for my next trip
AlisonS
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby AlisonS » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:30 pm

We sure hope so . We love it
Stacy74
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby Stacy74 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:39 pm

Londwar...... we had a few snack credits at the end, but we just went to the gift store in the hotel resort our last day before flying out. We got things like nuts, goofy gummies etc to have snacks for our flight home and for home if you don’t finish them.
Londwar
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Londwar » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:13 am

Stacy74 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:39 pm Londwar...... we had a few snack credits at the end, but we just went to the gift store in the hotel resort our last day before flying out. We got things like nuts, goofy gummies etc to have snacks for our flight home and for home if you don’t finish them.
That is what I do. To me, that feels normal. But then I remember that there are some rather expensive snacks that are in the parks and I feel like I am missing out. However, I then remember that those snacks are not travel friendly. lol

What would you consider the best snack for your credits at the resorts?

Aprilshack
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby Aprilshack » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:46 am

I've noticed the snack credit logos are still on menus & there was some sort of DDP anyalist job recently advertised. Disney make a lot of money from the DDP so it will come back at some point. I like the plan, i like not having to budget personally & i do look into maximising the plan as in not buying the bottled water and if a snack is under $5, paying oop.
Londwar
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Londwar » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:51 am

Aprilshack wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:46 am I've noticed the snack credit logos are still on menus & there was some sort of DDP anyalist job recently advertised. Disney make a lot of money from the DDP so it will come back at some point. I like the plan, i like not having to budget personally & i do look into maximising the plan as in not buying the bottled water and if a snack is under $5, paying oop.
Exactly. I’ve seen several DFB videos, where she talks about getting the most out of your credits, especially from snacks. Although, sometimes it’s difficult to look for a high priced snack when you are moving at top speed through the parks. lol

Aprilshack
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby Aprilshack » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:55 am

Londwar wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:51 am
Aprilshack wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:46 am I've noticed the snack credit logos are still on menus & there was some sort of DDP anyalist job recently advertised. Disney make a lot of money from the DDP so it will come back at some point. I like the plan, i like not having to budget personally & i do look into maximising the plan as in not buying the bottled water and if a snack is under $5, paying oop.
Exactly. I’ve seen several DFB videos, where she talks about getting the most out of your credits, especially from snacks. Although, sometimes it’s difficult to look for a high priced snack when you are moving at top speed through the parks. lol
I don't mind having snack credits left over, i would be just paying out of pocket anyway to take stuff home. We had $120 worth of snacks left on the DDP. I can't wait to have those Mickey coconut & chocolate patties again.
Londwar
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Londwar » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:58 am

Aprilshack wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:55 am
I don't mind having snack credits left over, i would be just paying out of pocket anyway to take stuff home. We had $120 worth of snacks left on the DDP. I can't wait to have those Mickey coconut & chocolate patties again.
Have you ever turned in any quick service credits for snacks?

Aprilshack
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby Aprilshack » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:02 am

Londwar wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:58 am
Aprilshack wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:55 am

Have you ever turned in any quick service credits for snacks?
Before the end of the holiday? Yes, not many. The $120 worth of goods was on our last day at CSR. That was with 2 x qsp plans.
tallguy001
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby tallguy001 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:27 am

We enjoy it as well and hope it returns for our trip in June, though that looks unlikely. I think they will wait until most of the restaurants open again.
Londwar
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Londwar » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:32 am

tallguy001 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:27 am We enjoy it as well and hope it returns for our trip in June, though that looks unlikely. I think they will wait until most of the restaurants open again.
That is a very good point. If there are a lot of restaurants and stalls closed, the DDP might not be worth it right now.

Aprilshack
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby Aprilshack » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:39 am

If they increase capacity then i would think more places to eat will open (looking at you Casey's Corner!) so maybe just having a quick service DP for now?
Londwar
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Londwar » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:42 am

Aprilshack wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:39 am If they increase capacity then i would think more places to eat will open (looking at you Casey's Corner!) so maybe just having a quick service DP for now?
What do you think the number of open restaurants is at the moment? Quick service vs. sit down? If the quick service has the majority, then I could see your point of having the quick service meal plan available now.

Aprilshack
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby Aprilshack » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:49 am

Londwar wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:42 am
Aprilshack wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:39 am If they increase capacity then i would think more places to eat will open (looking at you Casey's Corner!) so maybe just having a quick service DP for now?
What do you think the number of open restaurants is at the moment? Quick service vs. sit down? If the quick service has the majority, then I could see your point of having the quick service meal plan available now.
From what i have seen i think there are more QS open, plus you have the snack stands for those snack credits but there are also a few TS places open. They may bring something in after March when they expect the pick up in visitors?
Londwar
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Londwar » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:54 am

Aprilshack wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:49 am
From what i have seen i think there are more QS open, plus you have the snack stands for those snack credits but there are also a few TS places open. They may bring something in after March when they expect the pick up in visitors?
That would seem correct, but with the laying off of all those cast members I wonder how that would work.

Aprilshack
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby Aprilshack » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:58 am

Londwar wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:54 am
Aprilshack wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:49 am

That would seem correct, but with the laying off of all those cast members I wonder how that would work.
It's the 50th in a few months. Capacity will be raised. I will be quite shocked if they don't bring back the dining plan back in some albeit tweaked from. Food is a massive money maker. A lot of people don't use their DDP to it's fullest so that is a win for Disney. They will just rehire cm as needed. There is obviously high unemployment so it won't be a problem in hiring staff.