Journey to the Center of the Earth at Tokyo DisneySea

Disney goes international! From Disneyland Paris to the Disney Cruise Lines.
averylb625
Mopper
Mopper

Journey to the Center of the Earth at Tokyo DisneySea

Postby averylb625 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:35 pm

BEST RIDE AT ANY OF THE DISNEY PARKS!
Jedimaster7313
New Hopper
New Hopper

Re: Journey to the Center of the Earth at Tokyo DisneySea

Postby Jedimaster7313 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:57 pm

My favorite attraction, I've been visiting TDR for over 15 years
Esa866
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby Esa866 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:29 pm

I can’t wait to go one day, this park looks amazing on YouTube.
DLandChris
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby DLandChris » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:04 pm

Such an awesome ride! TDS is my favorite Disney park (I don't ever count Disneyland in the comparisons because it's the original)

Meridasmom
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Meridasmom » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:00 am

We were fortunate enough to visit TDL & TDS in Aug 2019. We had so much fun. We really enjoyed getting to see the different rides and lands. I'd love to be able to go back someday. It was Pirates Summer, and they went all out with the show, it was fantastic!

We almost didn't get to ride Journey. The first time we went it was closed for some reason, then on the 2nd day, we got fast passes, but got stuck on the Indiana Jones adventure (not stuck stuck, just it took longer than we expected). We had to run from Indiana Jones to Journey, and we missed our fast pass window, but the cast member was very kind and after a few minutes trying to communicate that we had ran to try and make it, she let us through.

The only other ride I wished we had done was Tower, but I wanted to see and do as much as we could that we didn't have at home. Can anyone tell me if Tower is totally different than at WDW?

aka Christie Munn
Coastal SC
WDW 1980,2005, 2006,2008
2016, 2018, Tokyo 2019, 2021
Favorites: AK, MK, HS, Epcot
Dole whip
Aladdin, Lilo & Stitch, Brave
DLandChris
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby DLandChris » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:17 pm

Meridasmom wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:00 am
The only other ride I wished we had done was Tower, but I wanted to see and do as much as we could that we didn't have at home. Can anyone tell me if Tower is totally different than at WDW?
I'm sorry to tell you that it is. It is more in comparison with Disney Studios Paris and what Disney California Adventure's used to be. The elevator just moves up and down the shaft, not forward through the fifth dimension. And the story is original. It does have a preshow and is roughly the same idea of something wrong happened in an elevator and now we are having the same thing happen to guests.

Glad you made it on Journey, though! It is a unique attraction compared to Tower, and one of the best Imagineering has ever done!
Meridasmom
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Meridasmom » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:35 pm

Yes! Journey was amazing, and we liked 20,000 Leagues too. The line for Soarin was 4+ hrs long and it was just too hot of a day (over 100) to wait in the sun that long. We really wanted to concentrate on what we couldn’t see or do in Florida.
We’re so thankful we got to go.
aka Christie Munn
Coastal SC
WDW 1980,2005, 2006,2008
2016, 2018, Tokyo 2019, 2021
Favorites: AK, MK, HS, Epcot
Dole whip
Aladdin, Lilo & Stitch, Brave
Isaka
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby Isaka » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:24 am

Meridasmom wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:00 am We were fortunate enough to visit TDL & TDS in Aug 2019. We had so much fun. We really enjoyed getting to see the different rides and lands. I'd love to be able to go back someday. It was Pirates Summer, and they went all out with the show, it was fantastic!

We almost didn't get to ride Journey. The first time we went it was closed for some reason, then on the 2nd day, we got fast passes, but got stuck on the Indiana Jones adventure (not stuck stuck, just it took longer than we expected). We had to run from Indiana Jones to Journey, and we missed our fast pass window, but the cast member was very kind and after a few minutes trying to communicate that we had ran to try and make it, she let us through.

Hi, I am grad to hear you enjoy TDR trip.
It was lucky that journey cast member let you through, TDS is always crowded even on weekdays, (and hate that), not rare to queue up 3hours wait for journey..

Tower is totally different theme than one in WDW. Twilight zone is not so famous in Japan so that TDS ver is rethemed as new back ground story. I love how WDW ver moves towards at fifth demension scene, but TDS ver just drops up/down.
DVC member - Poly
AP - WDW
Favorite Resort - WL
Favorite Park -EPCOT
Favorite Ride - TTA PeopleMover
Favorite restaurant - Sanaa (and so more)
summerinthecity
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby summerinthecity » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:34 am

The fifth dimension is pretty cool, but it's a technological headache and that's why it isn't replicated at the other parks.

This engineering video gives a great explanation of how the ride works and also why we have slightly different versions (from engineering design perspective):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iGZuA_LSk8
ItsAllDisney
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby ItsAllDisney » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:17 pm

Absolute FAVORITE Disney park is Tokyo Disneyland . We are scheduled to go this March, but pretty sure that's not happening. Sad. Our trip to France was canceled last April, so we didn't get to see Disneyland Paris either. We are on a mission to visit all the Disney Parks! LOL