Keto While at Disney

Who doesn't love Churros, Be Our Guest, or the EPCOT Food and Wine Festival?
Minnie_Photo
New Hopper
New Hopper

Keto While at Disney

Postby Minnie_Photo » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:35 pm

I just started Keto and I want to try to be on Keto while on vacation ( crazy I know lol). What are some of the best keto food options at Disney? Going in May if that helps :D
Also so excited about this forum!!
Bunza Steele
New Hopper
New Hopper

Re: Keto While at Disney

Postby Bunza Steele » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:24 pm

I do the super-low carb food as well, and was just there in December for 10 days.

Table service restaurants are the most accommodating. Amazing meal at Le Cellier, cheddar cheese soup and steak! Teppan Edo provided extra veggies and salad instead of rice or noodles. Just let the server know when ordering, or when they ask you if you have any questions about the menu, everyone was understanding and helpful.

Counter service, especially with online ordering, is more limited to making your own modifications, i.e eat the hot dog with a fork and knife and throw the bun out. If they ever go back to allowing walk-up ordering, I would think it would be a little easier to get some minor modifications. Satuli Canteen with the salad base works well. Obviously burgers are easy if you have the ability to avoid the bun. A lot of counter service options will force you to get sides like fries through mobile order, you have to give them to someone else in your group, or throw them out. Flame Tree BBQ, Regal Eagle, Polite Pig all offer meaty options. There are many salad choices.

Desserts - Sorry. The closest I got was 2 years ago when Mama Melrose's had a no sugar added cheesecake, but I don't think they have that anymore. Even then, you had avoid the crust. You are just going to have to resign yourself to not getting anything to remain faithful. I'm used to it now, so I have no problem with everyone else getting it while I pretend my diet coke is a dessert. You can always ask. If a table service had real whipped cream and berries, that would work.

Good luck! I've been to Disney World 4 times while on "Keto", probably a total of almost 30 days, and was able to stay strong.
AnimalKingdomFan79
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby AnimalKingdomFan79 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:29 pm

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2018/12/ ... ney-world/ DFB may be a good place to review. They know all things food @ Disney.
ThatCrazyGuy
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby ThatCrazyGuy » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:26 pm

Blaze pizza did a have a Keto crust option a while back. It was only a dollar or two more than the standard crust. I would assume that they still have it. I saw some vlogs of people reviewing it at the time and they loved it. If you head over to Disney Springs while you are here you should check it out. Most pizza toppings are keto friendly as well. Just be careful what sauce option you choose. I'm really not sure, but they may have a sauce alternative as well.
"To all who come to this happy forum...Welcome!"

n7vulcan
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby n7vulcan » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:27 pm

Bunza Steele wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:24 pm I do the super-low carb food as well, and was just there in December for 10 days.

Table service restaurants are the most accommodating. Amazing meal at Le Cellier, cheddar cheese soup and steak! Teppan Edo provided extra veggies and salad instead of rice or noodles. Just let the server know when ordering, or when they ask you if you have any questions about the menu, everyone was understanding and helpful.

Counter service, especially with online ordering, is more limited to making your own modifications, i.e eat the hot dog with a fork and knife and throw the bun out. If they ever go back to allowing walk-up ordering, I would think it would be a little easier to get some minor modifications. Satuli Canteen with the salad base works well. Obviously burgers are easy if you have the ability to avoid the bun. A lot of counter service options will force you to get sides like fries through mobile order, you have to give them to someone else in your group, or throw them out. Flame Tree BBQ, Regal Eagle, Polite Pig all offer meaty options. There are many salad choices.

Desserts - Sorry. The closest I got was 2 years ago when Mama Melrose's had a no sugar added cheesecake, but I don't think they have that anymore. Even then, you had avoid the crust. You are just going to have to resign yourself to not getting anything to remain faithful. I'm used to it now, so I have no problem with everyone else getting it while I pretend my diet coke is a dessert. You can always ask. If a table service had real whipped cream and berries, that would work.

Good luck! I've been to Disney World 4 times while on "Keto", probably a total of almost 30 days, and was able to stay strong.
Thank you for this. I've been to Disney many times, but this is my first time with my husband & I practicing a Paleoketogenic lifestyle. We know there will be plenty of "unclean" food around, compared to our normal diet, but we were noticing that the table service options seemed to offer the most for our no-grain, low carb, no-sugar needs. Hoping we can get by as best as we can. We aren't easily tempted, as for us this diet keeps a lot of health issues for my husband at bay, but we do also need to eat. Haha! I'm glad that food has improved at Disney over the years, as I know otherwise we'd be getting very fond of hamburgers for the 11 days we'll be there. Le Cellier was one we were definitely planning to hit up, and flame tree bbq--even though we know there will be some minor sugar in the rubs, no doubt (like Mission BBQ outside of Disney). Good to know about the mobile-ordering. We won't have anyone to ditch these sides on, and that is definitely a big help to know in advance that we will be stuck receiving these items if we order at certain places. I saw somewhere that the salad base @ Satuli Canteen had quinoa in it, is that true? We were eyeing it as a place to eat at Animal Kingdom (which appears to have the least options for us), but saw in one place that it had quinoa, and in another that it didn't.

Thank you, again!

AND--best of luck staying on it to the original poster!
Niknak88
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Niknak88 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:17 pm

AnimalKingdomFan79 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:29 pm https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2018/12/ ... ney-world/ DFB may be a good place to review. They know all things food @ Disney.
I didn’t even know this existed!! Thank you so much!!!
Have Courage, and Be Kind!
-Hi, I’m Nikki! (Nikki in the Chat)
-Tomorrowland Lover
-Stitch is my Favorite
-Disney is life!!

Niknak88
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Niknak88 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:19 pm

Bunza Steele wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:24 pm I do the super-low carb food as well, and was just there in December for 10 days.

Awesome awesome awesome info!! I was just thinking about this since I’m on a keto, too!! Thank you!!!
Have Courage, and Be Kind!
-Hi, I’m Nikki! (Nikki in the Chat)
-Tomorrowland Lover
-Stitch is my Favorite
-Disney is life!!