What do you want in an annual pass?

All about the Mouse in the West!
DisneywrldVacationer
New Hopper
New Hopper

What do you want in an annual pass?

Postby DisneywrldVacationer » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:30 pm

I was very upset annual passes were canceled, however I understood it had to be done. I’m happy to hear Disney sent out surveys to see what we want in a new annual pass. So, if you could pick the features that are most important to you, what would it be?

Parking included is EXTREMELY important to me as a local. I can’t pay 20$ a trip especially since I plan on going once or twice a week.
Sunday’s are a must as I work most of the time during the week. And it needs to be under $699 for me to afford it. I’m ok with making reservations , as I had done when I had the flex pass. Food discount would be more important to me then merchandise discount.

I miss this view...
clockwerkz
New Hopper
New Hopper

Re: What do you want in an annual pass?

Postby clockwerkz » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:38 pm

Definitely would want to include parking. I also would love to see just a Flex pass option - moving forward DL is going to have to implement some way to control the crowds for the next few years once the parks re-open.
marko_pola
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby marko_pola » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:23 pm

I live in San Diego so I only go to the parks every 1-2 months and not during the summer months. I had the flex pass and I loved it. The reservation system would be a good way to control crowds on busy day. But the other nice advantage of the flex pass was on slow days you didn’t need to make a reservation.

Also I think they should have some a la carte options for people that want other benefits like parking, maxpass, etc.
Dive Bar Casanova
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Dive Bar Casanova » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:49 pm

They speculated on the local news today it'll be 6 reservation visits and 6 regular visits per AP.
Haven't heard anything more so that's pure speculation for sure and for the moment.
Nothing on the OC Register yet so it's just rumor IMHO.

I need parking. It's too expensive otherwise.
2infinityandbeyond
Mopper
Mopper

Postby 2infinityandbeyond » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:01 pm

Although I don’t live in SC, I was sad to see these go too and feel for all the locals for sure!! I have had the annual pass a few times in the past.. parking and blackout dates would be important for me.. I would understand maybe no park hoping for sure.
Nic
2 Infinity and Beyond
Dive Bar Casanova
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Dive Bar Casanova » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:19 pm

2infinityandbeyond wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:01 pm Although I don’t live in SC, I was sad to see these go too and feel for all the locals for sure!! I have had the annual pass a few times in the past.. parking and blackout dates would be important for me.. I would understand maybe no park hoping for sure.
AP's so often became unusable in the Human Gridlock.
AP's saved the park when Calif Adventure opened to bad reviews and really bad attendance. Disney doesn't need us any more.
2infinityandbeyond
Mopper
Mopper

Postby 2infinityandbeyond » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:21 pm

Dive Bar Casanova wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:19 pm
2infinityandbeyond wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:01 pm Although I don’t live in SC, I was sad to see these go too and feel for all the locals for sure!! I have had the annual pass a few times in the past.. parking and blackout dates would be important for me.. I would understand maybe no park hoping for sure.
AP's so often became unusable in the Human Gridlock.
AP's saved the park when Calif Adventure opened to bad reviews and really bad attendance. Disney doesn't need us any more.
Hopefully one day they will be brought back..
Nic
2 Infinity and Beyond
Chimi
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby Chimi » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:24 pm

I mainly just want no blackout days, parking included, and Max pass included. I really think they should just get rid of Max pass all together and make it the only way to get Fastpasses but that’s a completely different conversation.
DLandChris
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby DLandChris » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:36 pm

Honestly, I think I just want to be able to go into the park at least once a week and have parking. Other than that I don't need discounts or MaxPass or PhotoPass or any other perk. A lot of times I just sit with coffee and enjoy the atmosphere.