Boo Bash & Halloween

All about the Mouse in the East!
Meridasmom
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Boo Bash & Halloween

Postby Meridasmom » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:27 pm

Hey y'all! So my fave holiday has always been Halloween. Our favorite time to visit is October & the fall. We are planning a big family trip for Oct (there's 9 of us going) and while I'm super disappointed there's no MNSSHP, I was very excited about the Boo Bash announcement a while back.... and then the prices were released.
***RANT coming*** Umm, what the hay Disney?? I'm having a really hard time with the price. It's just NUTS! Let me just say this- Yes, I know it's an "after hours" event so I did expect the price to be higher than the normal party, but $169? We're already dropping $10K plus for this trip- that's 9 nights, no dining plan, and w/ hoppers from Shades of Green (please don't hate, I need all the discounts I can get)- and now the one opportunity I may ever get to take my family to the Halloween festivities will cost us an additional $1800? Several of our family have already bowed out, and I honestly don't want to pay that much, but I will for at least us 3. 50th and Cindy's coach with halloween decor-yes please. I'll never get that again. Maybe that's what Dis is banking on, but I really wish they'd find some other way to make up their lost revenue. I mean, we're having to pay for magic bands now too. I just feel like the traditional family is being priced out. It really seems like the perks of staying on property are getting less and the prices keep getting higher. Ok-rant over. What are y'alls thoughts on this?
aka Christie Munn
Coastal SC
WDW 1980,2005, 2006,2008
2016, 2018, Tokyo 2019, 2021
Favorites: AK, MK, HS, Epcot
Dole whip
Aladdin, Lilo & Stitch, Brave
Happy2012
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Re: Boo Bash & Halloween

Postby Happy2012 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:29 am

Totally agree! We are shelling out more and getting less. Now there are rumors about fast pass returning at a cost, that would be fine if there is a discount for on property stays and the cost isn't in the hundreds like I have heard may happen🀯
Even though they lost revenue I'm sure they can figure out other ways to make it up?
:D Happy
disneydorkx
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby disneydorkx » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:41 pm

169 dollars for an after hours event. i understand that for the parties, but just for an after hours event is crazy. :shock:
✰ π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘Žπ‘β„Ž π‘œπ‘’π‘‘ π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑑 π‘¦π‘œπ‘’π‘Ÿ β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘π‘–π‘™π‘¦ π‘’π‘£π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘Žπ‘“π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ ✰
SusieQ
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby SusieQ » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:14 pm

Wow that’s crazy, what is the time frame of the party? i.e. hours?
AnimalKingdomFan79
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby AnimalKingdomFan79 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:28 pm

I definitely understand not wanting to shell out so much for less of the experience. I wonder if people are banking on the fact that the event may continue to expand with restrictions being eased? Not sure. I read about the difficulty of getting tickets on a few blogs which is also interesting.
Happy2012
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Happy2012 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:14 am

AnimalKingdomFan79 wrote: ↑Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:28 pm I definitely understand not wanting to shell out so much for less of the experience. I wonder if people are banking on the fact that the event may continue to expand with restrictions being eased? Not sure. I read about the difficulty of getting tickets on a few blogs which is also interesting.
Yes very surprised to hear they are already sold out for some nights! Wondering if they are keeping the numbers way down?
We are hopeful that some more restrictions are lifted by the beginning of September for our trip. πŸ™
We were considering going but it was only offered one day during our trip besides our arrival and departure datesπŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ and we save our arrival date for an early night as we have to get up REALLY EARLY to get there.
CH-GenX
Platinum Hopper
Platinum Hopper

Postby CH-GenX » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:02 am

What Disney has done is taken away anything that resembles something for free: Magical Express, Fast Pass, Sorcs. of the M. Kingdom, ect. and they will continue to do so. What they have learned is that people will pay the same if not more for an experience at the parks that is less than what we had pre-covid including Boo-Bash.

I even see a day coming (and I've posted about it before) when they will limit, charge, or otherwise not allow folks like RTV1 to stream live from their parks. Chapek referred to "leeches" (I posted that in a different thread). While he didn't say what that was-I believe he was referring in part to live streams, youtubers and so forth.

I wont' even begin to speak on the new spiderman ride and buying the addons-it's like micro-transactions on those free to play games.

All that to say this-Disney is definetely do the darndest to start pricing more and more people out of their parks.

With that said...I'll be back there in December and I'll buy 5 tickets to whatever the after hours Christmas party is ....I'm such a shill.....and the reason why Disney is gettng away with this.

Old School Signature
monorailsandmagic
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby monorailsandmagic » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:54 am

We just got our tickets and I did some math. This event is only costing our family of four $85 more dollars (total) than the Villains After Hours event in 2019 and it will have more. If you are comparing it to MNSSHP that the price is crazy. But if you look at it as an after hours event, it is comparable. It helps that we are going in August with an AP discount. The tickets are cheaper.
Cindy from Monorails and Magic
Looking forward to my next trip to Walt Disney World.
Dreaming of the day when Florida will be home!
Happy2012
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Happy2012 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:17 pm

CH-GenX wrote: ↑Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:02 am What Disney has done is taken away anything that resembles something for free: Magical Express, Fast Pass, Sorcs. of the M. Kingdom, ect. and they will continue to do so. What they have learned is that people will pay the same if not more for an experience at the parks that is less than what we had pre-covid including Boo-Bash.

I even see a day coming (and I've posted about it before) when they will limit, charge, or otherwise not allow folks like RTV1 to stream live from their parks. Chapek referred to "leeches" (I posted that in a different thread). While he didn't say what that was-I believe he was referring in part to live streams, youtubers and so forth.

I wont' even begin to speak on the new spiderman ride and buying the addons-it's like micro-transactions on those free to play games.

All that to say this-Disney is definetely do the darndest to start pricing more and more people out of their parks.

With that said...I'll be back there in December and I'll buy 5 tickets to whatever the after hours Christmas party is ....I'm such a shill.....and the reason why Disney is gettng away with this.
Disney should thank live streamers and bloggers it's free advertising!
We will not be paying for the boo bash when we are there in September!
If things continue we will not stay on property 😀why pay the extra with no perks! It will mean paying extra for a wheelchair accessible rental van and parking but ultimately not anymore than staying on property without airport transportation, early fast pass reservations, extra magic hours...πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ If we stay off property we can get breakfast cheaper before getting to the park and leave to get lunch and/or dinner.
Meridasmom
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Meridasmom » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:53 pm

SusieQ wrote: ↑Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:14 pm Wow that’s crazy, what is the time frame of the party? i.e. hours?
The official event hours are 9-12, with them letting ticket holders in at 7. So my thoughts are it's basically the same hours as MNSSHP. And seeing how ticketing has been a major cluster this past week, I'm gonna be really peeved if there's a million people in there.
aka Christie Munn
Coastal SC
WDW 1980,2005, 2006,2008
Dole whip
Meridasmom
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Meridasmom » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:58 pm

AnimalKingdomFan79 wrote: ↑Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:28 pm I definitely understand not wanting to shell out so much for less of the experience. I wonder if people are banking on the fact that the event may continue to expand with restrictions being eased? Not sure. I read about the difficulty of getting tickets on a few blogs which is also interesting.
Yep, that's me. Banking on more being offered with the restrictions easing. And yes- ticketing made me swear. A LOT. I spent 12 hours (yep, 7am to 7 pm) redialing on Tuesday (the day it opened up). I got into the loop and spent 2 hrs 48 minutes on hold. A CM answered (after 9 pm) and said they stopped selling tickets at 9. :x (they've never just stopped selling tix). I started again at 7 am on Wed. Took 47 minutes to get into the loop. Sat on hold for exactly 3 hours. Absolutely ridiculous. I got 3 tickets. Then Friday I see where they've now added Sundays to the event dates. SMH
A billion dollar company and they were no where near prepared.
aka Christie Munn
Coastal SC
WDW 1980,2005, 2006,2008
Dole whip
Meridasmom
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Meridasmom » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:01 pm

CH-GenX wrote: ↑Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:02 am What Disney has done is taken away anything that resembles something for free: Magical Express, Fast Pass, Sorcs. of the M. Kingdom, ect. and they will continue to do so. What they have learned is that people will pay the same if not more for an experience at the parks that is less than what we had pre-covid including Boo-Bash.

Oh I get it. I did the same for this event cause I felt like I didn't have a choice. I even emailed Bob Chapek and told him the ticketing nightmare was unacceptable, and so was the pricing. Believe it or not, I actually got a call back from his office. But either way- having to pay for fast pass, magic bands, magical express, etc- they're pricing out families. It'll end up where a trip to Disney is a once in a lifetime experience for many people. It's just sad.
As far as the leeches- idk about that, but I can tell you at Tokyo Disneyland you cannot take pics or video inside the rides. I tried to take a pic of just the train car for Journey to the Center of the Earth, and the CM came over to me and stood there and verified I had deleted the photo from my phone. They're really strict on that. Maybe because it's owned/managed by OLC, but they really watch you there.
aka Christie Munn
Coastal SC
WDW 1980,2005, 2006,2008
Dole whip
ajvan
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby ajvan » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am

Any idea on how to get boo bash tickets for Sept 24, 2021
CH-GenX
Platinum Hopper
Platinum Hopper

Postby CH-GenX » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:40 am

ajvan wrote: ↑Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am Any idea on how to get boo bash tickets for Sept 24, 2021
You might have to trade a family member for a ticket.

Old School Signature
Happy2012
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Happy2012 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:38 am

CH-GenX wrote: ↑Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:40 am
ajvan wrote: ↑Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am Any idea on how to get boo bash tickets for Sept 24, 2021
You might have to trade a family member for a ticket.
πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
Meridasmom
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Meridasmom » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:20 pm

anyone want to chime in or rant (lol) on the release of MORE tickets for Boo Bash? I was really irked to see this. Still hoping it's a true limited attendance event. If not and I've spent that crazy $$ I'm gonna be extremely unhappy.
aka Christie Munn
Coastal SC
WDW 1980,2005, 2006,2008
Dole whip
Happy2012
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Happy2012 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:13 pm

Meridasmom wrote: ↑Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:20 pm anyone want to chime in or rant (lol) on the release of MORE tickets for Boo Bash? I was really irked to see this. Still hoping it's a true limited attendance event. If not and I've spent that crazy $$ I'm gonna be extremely unhappy.
So glad we waited to see, I hope and pray you have a great time and that there are smaller crowds!
Polypack
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby Polypack » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:30 am

I cannot tell you how angry I was when I saw that they released more tickets. I sat on hold for 2 days in a row to get our tickets - first day I was too late when they finally got to me so I started over the next day. I don't understand how you can say "sold out", which is what we paid for, and then one day say "more tickets available." I'm very frustrated but I will wait to see just how "uncrowded" it is. If there are long waits for rides I will let guest services know this is not magical.
Happy2012
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Happy2012 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:50 am

Polypack wrote: ↑Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:30 am I cannot tell you how angry I was when I saw that they released more tickets. I sat on hold for 2 days in a row to get our tickets - first day I was too late when they finally got to me so I started over the next day. I don't understand how you can say "sold out", which is what we paid for, and then one day say "more tickets available." I'm very frustrated but I will wait to see just how "uncrowded" it is. If there are long waits for rides I will let guest services know this is not magical.
Exactly, why pay those prices for an "after hours party" and not get the lower crowds if it was going to be a typical MNSSHP🀯😀
Meridasmom
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Meridasmom » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:26 pm

Polypack wrote: ↑Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:30 am I cannot tell you how angry I was when I saw that they released more tickets. I sat on hold for 2 days in a row to get our tickets - first day I was too late when they finally got to me so I started over the next day. I don't understand how you can say "sold out", which is what we paid for, and then one day say "more tickets available." I'm very frustrated but I will wait to see just how "uncrowded" it is. If there are long waits for rides I will let guest services know this is not magical.
same here. My debacle getting tickets and everything I went through to see that just pushed me over the ledge. Hoping it's still going to be "uncrowded"
aka Christie Munn
Coastal SC
WDW 1980,2005, 2006,2008
Dole whip