Breaking News!!! Disneyland is Expanding!!!

All about the Mouse in the West!
MouseDan
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Breaking News!!! Disneyland is Expanding!!!

Postby MouseDan » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:21 pm

I just came across this on WDW News Today, this is quite unexpected but also very exciting, what are your thoughts on this?

https://wdwnt.com/2021/03/breaking-dis ... -and-more/
Wayfinder
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Re: Breaking News!!! Disneyland is Expanding!!!

Postby Wayfinder » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:23 pm

Wayfinder AKA Trent
Last WDW Visit: 2/11/21
Wayfinder
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Wayfinder » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:28 pm

https://www.ocregister.com/2021/03/25/d ... expansion/

Literally jumped like ten feet of the couch when I saw this on my Instagram feed and then I checked to see if it was April Fools.

BUT. Here is the catch per the OC Register Article (linked above),
The DisneylandForward presentation included concept art from Disney theme park projects around the globe that provide a “flavor” of what future expansion could look like at the Disneyland resort.
So this image is not the end result, but a what could be.

And there is so many questions and this could be 10 years out. So this is just a boost to help Disney (and CA) rebound from COVID-19.

Is this a third park?
What all needs to happen to have that land?
What lands could it be?
Wayfinder AKA Trent
Last WDW Visit: 2/11/21
MouseDan
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby MouseDan » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:48 pm

Wayfinder wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:28 pm https://www.ocregister.com/2021/03/25/d ... expansion/

Literally jumped like ten feet of the couch when I saw this on my Instagram feed and then I checked to see if it was April Fools.

BUT. Here is the catch per the OC Register Article (linked above),
The DisneylandForward presentation included concept art from Disney theme park projects around the globe that provide a “flavor” of what future expansion could look like at the Disneyland resort.
So this image is not the end result, but a what could be.

And there is so many questions and this could be 10 years out. So this is just a boost to help Disney (and CA) rebound from COVID-19.

Is this a third park?
What lands could it be?
I agree that these are only just plans, they don’t yet have any approval to do this from the city of Anaheim, and of course it might not happen at all, but from the looks of it, these are just expansions of the two parks into where the parking lots for the hotels across from Disneyland Drive are, as well as a Disney Springs-like area at the Toy Story parking lot across the street from the Anaheim Convention Center. The lands they look like they have in mind, are ones themed to Frozen, Peter Pan and Tangled to name a few. It will be interesting to see where this goes, but if it works out, I think it will be awesome.

Here’s the official site:
https://disneylandforward.com/project/possibilities
Last edited by MouseDan on Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DLandChris
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby DLandChris » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:50 pm

Wayfinder wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:28 pm
Is this a third park?
What lands could it be?
I think Disney is trying to make it clear the part that will be built over the Lilo parking lot will be an expansion and not another theme park. But, still exciting!
DLandChris
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby DLandChris » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:52 pm

MouseDan wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:48 pm
I agree that these are only just plans, they don’t yet have any approval to do this from the city of Anaheim, and of course it might not happen at all, but from the looks of it, these are just expansions of the two parks into where the parking lots for the hotels across from Disneyland Drive are, as well as a Disney Springs-like area at the Toy Story parking lot across the street from the Anaheim Convention Center. The lands they look like they have in mind, are ones themed to Frozen, Peter Pan and Tangled to name a few. It will be interesting to see where this goes, but if it works out, I think it will be awesome.
So, yes, a lot of times Disney needs something to show the city in order for permits to go through. And I think that’s why they’re trying to clearly say it’s concept art and not the final version of what the expansion will be. But, all very interesting!
AviationPhotography
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AviationPhotography » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:09 pm

It will be interesting to see how they're going to handle parking. Taking away both the old downtown Disney parking lot (now cast) and the newer parking lot, plus the majority of the toy story/K-lot parking from when I can see... Even if they go forward with the original plans for the structure where pumbaa lot is across from harbor with a skyway that's quite a lot of spaces they are losing. That's the only downside. Especially during crazy busy days/weeks.

On the plus, I look forward to all the new things! The current Anaheim council seems to be a lot more in Disney's favor, so I can't imagine there's going to be that much resistance.
Britt
WEST COAST CREW
MouseDan
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby MouseDan » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:48 pm

AviationPhotography wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:09 pm It will be interesting to see how they're going to handle parking. Taking away both the old downtown Disney parking lot (now cast) and the newer parking lot, plus the majority of the toy story/K-lot parking from when I can see... Even if they go forward with the original plans for the structure where pumbaa lot is across from harbor with a skyway that's quite a lot of spaces they are losing. That's the only downside. Especially during crazy busy days/weeks.

On the plus, I look forward to all the new things! The current Anaheim council seems to be a lot more in Disney's favor, so I can't imagine there's going to be that much resistance.
That’s a good point, they’ll be putting themselves at a disadvantage without their biggest lots, but it seems like they’re trying to get less people to drive to the parks, and more people to use Uber or Public Transit instead.
Dazzlegal
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Dazzlegal » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:18 pm

I'm excited to see which attractions/shops/hotels will make it . Fingers and toes are crossed that this will really come to pass.
TJMVoyager
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby TJMVoyager » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:32 am

I saw this and wow. Tangled area, Peter Pan, Toy Story, Tron, and zootopia. Wow. It's going to be interesting.
"I’m a Mandalorian. Weapons are part of my religion. This is the way"
Niknak88
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Niknak88 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:52 pm

Things just keep getting better and better!! 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉 I’m so excited to see what comes next!!
Have Courage, and Be Kind!
-Hi, I’m Nikki! (Nikki in the Chat)
-Tomorrowland Lover
-Stitch is my Favorite
-Disney is life!!

randyf79
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby randyf79 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:13 pm

As suggested earlier...the audience for this is the City of Anaheim who stuck a pin in recent Disney plans to add another hotel... So this is more of a "Let's Talk, Anaheim" announcement than anything else. But...it's nice to dream... :D
"What if there was a place...a magical place...where anything was possible! Want to go?"