What’s the one super memorable thing you’ve done at Disneyland?

All about the Mouse in the West!
Niknak88
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

What’s the one super memorable thing you’ve done at Disneyland?

Postby Niknak88 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:39 pm

My husband (then boyfriend) booked our two year dating anniversary photoshoot there!! It was so much fun!! What about you?! Let’s see your pictures if you have them!!

Have Courage, and Be Kind!
-Hi, I’m Nikki! (Nikki in the Chat)
-Tomorrowland Lover
-Stitch is my Favorite
-Disney is life!!

BretH
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Re: What’s the one super memorable thing you’ve done at Disneyland?

Postby BretH » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:53 pm

Back in 2000 my mother and I attended an event at the Disneyland Hotel and spent one day in the park. I was 37 and she was in her early 70's. That night in the park it began to lightly rain. She didn't want to ride anymore rides and I'd been on them all before. So we sat on a park bench under a large umbrella just off of the hub on Main St. to stay dry. I purchased a hot chocolate for each of us and we just sat there talking and enjoyed the atmosphere. The park had emptied of most guests due to the weather, the lights reflected off of the wet street on Main St. and the themed music played in the background. Then suddenly, the parade lights on Main St. lit up the area and the music for the "Parade of the Stars" parade began. With most of the guests gone, we were the only ones on that section of the parade route so the characters on the floats smiled and waved at us as they passed by. It was like having our own private Disney parade as we sat under the umbrella on that misty evening while drinking our hot chocolate. We almost never have a moment where it's just mother and son so you can imagine that this is one of those rare moments I'll never forget.
"Anything's possible at Disneyland." - Walt Disney, 1965
Niknak88
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Niknak88 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:16 pm

BretH wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:53 pm Back in 2000 my mother and I attended an event at the Disneyland Hotel and spent one day in the park. I was 37 and she was in her early 70's. That night in the park it began to lightly rain. She didn't want to ride anymore rides and I'd been on them all before. So we sat on a park bench under a large umbrella just off of the hub on Main St. to stay dry. I purchased a hot chocolate for each of us and we just sat there talking and enjoyed the atmosphere. The park had emptied of most guests due to the weather, the lights reflected off of the wet street on Main St. and the themed music played in the background. Then suddenly, the parade lights on Main St. lit up the area and the music for the "Parade of the Stars" parade began. With most of the guests gone, we were the only ones on that section of the parade route so the characters on the floats smiled and waved at us as they passed by. It was like having our own private Disney parade as we sat under the umbrella on that misty evening while drinking our hot chocolate. We almost never have a moment where it's just mother and son so you can imagine that this is one of those rare moments I'll never forget.
Oh my goodness!! How amazing!! Very special, for sure.
Have Courage, and Be Kind!
-Hi, I’m Nikki! (Nikki in the Chat)
-Tomorrowland Lover
-Stitch is my Favorite
-Disney is life!!

Dive Bar Casanova
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Dive Bar Casanova » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:23 pm

When I was 9 years old a toddler climbed between the wrought iron safety railing up at the monorail loading station and almost fell. I wrote a letter to Disneyland mentioning this and they placed plastic shields on the fencing to prevent this in the future.
The shields are still there today.
Last edited by Dive Bar Casanova on Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AviationPhotography
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AviationPhotography » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:37 pm

Oh man, so many things! I used to be a third party photographer for some cast events at the park, so I've been able to walk down Main Street all by myself at 3:00 a.m. in the morning. Such an incredible feeling!

I've also been able to park my Prius next to Carthay Circle in DCA and drive it around Buena Vista Street!

And I've also had all the major Disney princesses come with me for a quick impromptu photo shoot around the park after it closed.
Britt
WEST COAST CREW
DLandChris
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby DLandChris » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:32 pm

BretH wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:53 pm Back in 2000 my mother and I attended an event at the Disneyland Hotel and spent one day in the park. I was 37 and she was in her early 70's. That night in the park it began to lightly rain. She didn't want to ride anymore rides and I'd been on them all before. So we sat on a park bench under a large umbrella just off of the hub on Main St. to stay dry. I purchased a hot chocolate for each of us and we just sat there talking and enjoyed the atmosphere. The park had emptied of most guests due to the weather, the lights reflected off of the wet street on Main St. and the themed music played in the background. Then suddenly, the parade lights on Main St. lit up the area and the music for the "Parade of the Stars" parade began. With most of the guests gone, we were the only ones on that section of the parade route so the characters on the floats smiled and waved at us as they passed by. It was like having our own private Disney parade as we sat under the umbrella on that misty evening while drinking our hot chocolate. We almost never have a moment where it's just mother and son so you can imagine that this is one of those rare moments I'll never forget.
That is so wonderful! It's so great when there are those magical times where that all comes together. Glad you could have that and share it with your mother!

I'm going to be really specific and say one at Disneyland. And it's one among many but I don't feel like it would be fair to share some others. The one I will share is getting to go to Club 33 on my 33rd birthday. It was with family and a few friends and full of laughter. I know it's the Club also, but I was glad my friends and family got to go too.
AviationPhotography
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AviationPhotography » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:21 am

DLandChris wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:32 pm The one I will share is getting to go to Club 33 on my 33rd birthday. It was with family and a few friends and full of laughter. I know it's the Club also, but I was glad my friends and family got to go too.
That's great you got to go! We did that for my 33rd birthday as well. Not many people can say they've done that!
Britt
WEST COAST CREW
AviationPhotography
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AviationPhotography » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:44 am

Was able to find one of the shots from the evening with the princesses. This goes back to 2007!
Britt
WEST COAST CREW
DLandChris
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby DLandChris » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:06 am

AviationPhotography wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:21 am
That's great you got to go! We did that for my 33rd birthday as well. Not many people can say they've done that!
Thanks! And glad you got to also! I know someone that tried and didn’t succeed sadly.
Johnny Lawrence
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby Johnny Lawrence » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:11 pm

Having dinner at the Blue Bayou, then going on Pirates of the Caribbean right after dinner.
Twitter/YouTube: @simpurist
Brewbud
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Brewbud » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:49 pm

My girlfriend Ingrid and I had a waterside table at the Blue Bayou restaurant. As all the Disneyland folks know, Pirates of The Caribbean floats right by the restaurant. I had two close friends on the ride with a 3' x 5' black nylon sign with 5" white felt letters asking her to marry me. The Disneyland cast members were so awesome! Since they can stop the boats at the 1st drop, the ride ops counted the number of boats it would take to stop the boat right in front of our table. They gave my friends their own boat and sent 6 or so empty boats in front of them and 3 or 4 empty boats behind. They also gave them flashlights. The boat stopped right in front of our table, I pointed and asked "What's that?". She looked where I pointed and easily read the sign. I can still remember her gasp as she turned back to me with tears in her beautiful eyes. I was on one knee with the ring out. The entire Blue Bayou broke out with the sound of applause (standing ovation even). The Blue Bayou even turned the lights on.  I remember other guests taking pictures but sadly we have none.

Five months later, on April 8th, we were married on the pirate ship that sinks in front of Treasure Island in Las Vegas.  Sadly that ship has been painted and lost all its charm now. I am happy to say that our adventure together is still amazing! Sorry, I don't have a pic from that day but here is a pic from our wedding.

Brewbud
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Brewbud » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:55 pm

Oh and my 2nd most memorable: Falling getting off Space Mountain and breaking my elbow - while wearing a kilt. :lol:
DLandChris
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby DLandChris » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:57 pm

Brewbud wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:49 pm My girlfriend Ingrid and I had a waterside table at the Blue Bayou restaurant. As all the Disneyland folks know, Pirates of The Caribbean floats right by the restaurant. I had two close friends on the ride with a 3' x 5' black nylon sign with 5" white felt letters asking her to marry me. The Disneyland cast members were so awesome! Since they can stop the boats at the 1st drop, the ride ops counted the number of boats it would take to stop the boat right in front of our table. They gave my friends their own boat and sent 6 or so empty boats in front of them and 3 or 4 empty boats behind. They also gave them flashlights. The boat stopped right in front of our table, I pointed and asked "What's that?". She looked where I pointed and easily read the sign. I can still remember her gasp as she turned back to me with tears in her beautiful eyes. I was on one knee with the ring out. The entire Blue Bayou broke out with the sound of applause (standing ovation even). The Blue Bayou even turned the lights on.  I remember other guests taking pictures but sadly we have none.

Five months later, on April 8th, we were married on the pirate ship that sinks in front of Treasure Island in Las Vegas.  Sadly that ship has been painted and lost all its charm now. I am happy to say that our adventure together is still amazing! Sorry, I don't have a pic from that day but here is a pic from our wedding.

Oh wow! That is awesome! And way to go cast members!
Brewbud
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Brewbud » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:23 pm

DLandChris wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:57 pm
Brewbud wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:49 pm My girlfriend Ingrid and I had a waterside table at the Blue Bayou restaurant. As all the Disneyland folks know, Pirates of The Caribbean floats right by the restaurant. I had two close friends on the ride with a 3' x 5' black nylon sign with 5" white felt letters asking her to marry me. The Disneyland cast members were so awesome! Since they can stop the boats at the 1st drop, the ride ops counted the number of boats it would take to stop the boat right in front of our table. They gave my friends their own boat and sent 6 or so empty boats in front of them and 3 or 4 empty boats behind. They also gave them flashlights. The boat stopped right in front of our table, I pointed and asked "What's that?". She looked where I pointed and easily read the sign. I can still remember her gasp as she turned back to me with tears in her beautiful eyes. I was on one knee with the ring out. The entire Blue Bayou broke out with the sound of applause (standing ovation even). The Blue Bayou even turned the lights on.  I remember other guests taking pictures but sadly we have none.

Oh wow! That is awesome! And way to go cast members!
Yes, the Cast Members went way above and beyond for us. They seemed as excited as we were!
DisneyNel
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby DisneyNel » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:07 pm

Poppy
Gold Hopper
Gold Hopper

Postby Poppy » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:20 pm

worked there :D

but a better story: when i was a kid, i rode Space Mountain and my baseball hat fell off during the ride. I went to Main Street City Hall and told them about it. They had me fill out a form with a description of my hat and my home address.

A couple weeks later, the hat arrived in the mail :o
Former DLand CM loving life - worked Outdoor Vending & Tomorrowland Attractions (Peoplemover, Submarine Voyage, Mission to Mars, Star Tours) :)
T music
Gold Hopper
Gold Hopper

Postby T music » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:46 am

That’s so cool !!! Blue Bayou brings back so many memories such a great place
Dive Bar Casanova
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Dive Bar Casanova » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:36 am

Everyone has more than one memory.
No one knew of the Ford Mustang about to be released by Ford.
Disneyland had a drawing for a new Mustang Convertible that was displayed on Main st. 1963, marketed as a 1964 and 1/2 if I recall.
They had the drawing and my cousin Caroline, that just turned 16 won it. They drove her up and down Main st in it and she waved to everyone.
She still drives that Mustang today.
Dive Bar Casanova
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Dive Bar Casanova » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:44 am

You would be surprised how many people have no clue that Mlle. Antoinette's Parfumerie in New Orleans square will blend a custom perfume fragrance for them or did at one time. The cast member is hep and really helpful with this.
My wife had one concocted back in High School and they recorded the formula and a record of purchases.
She still goes back (but it's been awhile so they may not still offer this) and gets her custom Disneyland perfume bottle refilled with her own custom fragrance.
T music
Gold Hopper
Gold Hopper

Postby T music » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:34 am

Dive Bar Casanova wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:44 am You would be surprised how many people have no clue that Mlle. Antoinette's Parfumerie in New Orleans square will blend a custom perfume fragrance for them or did at one time. The cast member is hep and really helpful with this.
My wife had one concocted back in High School and they recorded the formula and a record of purchases.
She still goes back (but it's been awhile so they may not still offer this) and gets her custom Disneyland perfume bottle refilled with her own custom fragrance.
Omsh totally forgot about this
Anjin
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby Anjin » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:48 am

My favorite memory is from 1998. My wife and I got married at the Disneyland Hotel. After the everything was done, we rode the Monorail over to the park. However we were so exhausted from the day that we didn't ride anything. We just got dessert and headed back to our room. :lol:
TJMVoyager
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby TJMVoyager » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:17 am

Oh wow this is a real tough one. Well back in the 80s and 90s I was a huge michael jackson fan. As well as my parents. I could not wait to see captain eo. It was just a fun show. It made you feel happy and good once you walked off, remember seeing this a few times.

Also a family moment(s) eating at hungry bear when I was a kid and having a hamburger and my dad would get mad at me and say stop feeding the ducks lol.

At dinner we would always eat at the french cafe and have their chicken dinner while listening to new orleans jazz live. Was very relaxing. We would plan it perfectly where we had a table close to the rivers of america and watch fantasmic. That was a epic moment for me I think.

Back in those days Disneyland was open from 9am till like 2am. Also we were there for the 25th anniversary my dad still has the shirt and sticker. Also 4th of july. Wow tears lol jk.

Those were my Legendary moments with my family. Having rough times life wasn't so perfect but Disneyland made up for it.

Thanks Disney 😃
"I’m a Mandalorian. Weapons are part of my religion. This is the way"
CH-GenX
Platinum Hopper
Platinum Hopper

Postby CH-GenX » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:47 am

Somehow by random I ended up being there on opening day of the Indiana Jones Ride.

Old School Signature
DLSpaceMountainIsBetter
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby DLSpaceMountainIsBetter » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:21 pm

I got to celebrate my birthday at Club 33! My dad happened to know a guy with membership and I got to have the best meal of my life!