Never Again

All about the Mouse in the East!
Ace
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Never Again

Postby Ace » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:09 am

Disney does a wonderful job of making attractions and experiences inviting and repeatable. However, occasionally there are things that people just don't enjoy. What are some of the things that have been one and done for you?

For me its blue milk. I am glad I tried it but it just doesn't agree with my preferred flavor palette.
Historically it was Alien Encounter. I was probably a little young when I experienced the attraction the first time and it was pretty scary.
“Why worry? If you’ve done the very best you can, worrying won’t make it any better.” - Walt Disney
jbletheby
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Re: Never Again

Postby jbletheby » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:18 am

for me its based on motion sickness issues, for instance smuglers run ride i couldn't do more than once
If you can dream it you can do it - Walt
AnimalKingdomFan79
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby AnimalKingdomFan79 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:31 am

Foodwise it was the chocolate-covered banana, something about it was just gross. I'll stick to my $$ mickey premium bars
Also, I didn't have the best time on big thunder mountain not sure if it's because I sat in the back but it was surprisingly intense, a bit too jerky for me. I probably may skip it next time.
Liquid Ice
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Liquid Ice » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:41 am

For me it was the Grand Floridian Cafe. We told them we were celebrating our daughter's 7th birthday (and she had the button on) and I have not ever had a worse experience at Disney, maybe just generally at a restaurant.

The waiter came and took our order and then never came back to check on us until it was time to order dessert. He didn't give us anything to celebrate our daughter's birthday, didn't even say Happy Birthday. When our food came out, he never even asked if we needed anything - we had to flag down other people working to get help.

This was during the pandemic (October 2020), and I know it has been hard on Cast Members and people were getting laid off - so I understand, but at the same time - it wasn't our fault, and we were there. Disney wouldn't recover at all if nobody showed up.

The restaurant was not busy at all either - it wasn't empty, but it was quiet.

Ignoring the birthday for a second, I don't think we were expecting too much for the waiter to ask if our food was ok, and ask if we needed anything.

It was bad enough that I kept the receipt (which had the waiter's name) and when we got home I complained to Disney via social media, but all they did was say "Thanks for the ****". (not sure why the word feed + back is censored?)

Won't be eating at Grand Floridian Cafe again!
McKennaW
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby McKennaW » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:13 pm

Tony’s Town Square in MK :|
Wilbur Robinson
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Wilbur Robinson » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:53 pm

Ehh I can see where you're coming from with the blue milk not tasting good. From what I can remember it sort of tasted like a mix of smarties candy and medicine.
It's a shame too! Me and my family would always joke about enjoying a blue milk at Galaxy's edge before we even knew it was going to be an actual drink. :|

Although I can't think of anything that I will never do again, something we often skip is the seas with Nemo. I don't think I've been on it in a couple years! It's such a short ride that usually has a long line, soooo we go on Living with the Land instead haha!
"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
- Walt Disney
Toria
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Toria » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:12 am

Ace wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:09 am Disney does a wonderful job of making attractions and experiences inviting and repeatable. However, occasionally there are things that people just don't enjoy. What are some of the things that have been one and done for you?

For me its blue milk. I am glad I tried it but it just doesn't agree with my preferred flavor palette.
Historically it was Alien Encounter. I was probably a little young when I experienced the attraction the first time and it was pretty scary.
Enchanted Tiki Room
Live life in your truth!
-Latoria-
Poppy
Gold Hopper
Gold Hopper

Postby Poppy » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:51 am

Hall of Presidents
Former DLand CM loving life - worked Outdoor Vending & Tomorrowland Attractions (Peoplemover, Submarine Voyage, Mission to Mars, Star Tours) :)
Dive Bar Casanova
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Dive Bar Casanova » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:51 am

Surly union shop attitude from cast members. Also they are of the opinion they get tipped if they are good or not.

We get surly service at the Lamplight.
So bad we won’t go back.

If you write the food and bev manager and the personnel dept head you’ll occasionally see a cast member get sacked. 3 complaints and they are gone.

Trader Sams has a high termination rate with bad cast members because locals know how to deal with it and don’t put up with it.
Emmy B
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby Emmy B » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:26 am

Journey Into Imagination With Figment (honestly, I think it's just Figment's voice that bothers me).
Since it seems like this is rarely more than a 10-15 minute wait anyway, I was kind of hoping/expecting Disney would reimagine this for the 50th celebration, especially considering how many other changes are being made in Epcot right now. But I know Figment has a large fan base, which is probably why they haven't touched it.
summerinthecity
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby summerinthecity » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:22 am

Emmy B wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:26 am Journey Into Imagination With Figment (honestly, I think it's just Figment's voice that bothers me).
Since it seems like this is rarely more than a 10-15 minute wait anyway, I was kind of hoping/expecting Disney would reimagine this for the 50th celebration, especially considering how many other changes are being made in Epcot right now. But I know Figment has a large fan base, which is probably why they haven't touched it.
Did you ever ride the original Journey Into Imagination (pre-2002...I'm sketchy on the dates but it's the version that still had Dreamfinder)? That's the one that has a huge fan base and was a work of art. It also communicated more clearly how imagination is a key part of both science and art. It won over everyone.

I apologize to all who like the current iteration as it is charmless and I hate the fart thing. HATE IT
Emmy B
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby Emmy B » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:29 am

summerinthecity wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:22 am
Emmy B wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:26 am Journey Into Imagination With Figment (honestly, I think it's just Figment's voice that bothers me).
Did you ever ride the original Journey Into Imagination (pre-2002...I'm sketchy on the dates but it's the version that still had Dreamfinder)? That's the one that has a huge fan base and was a work of art. It also communicated more clearly how imagination is a key part of both science and art. It won over everyone.

I apologize to all who like the current iteration as it is charmless and I hate the fart thing. HATE IT
Alas, I never experienced the original version. I have heard the original was far superior...which puzzles me as to why it was changed in the first place.
summerinthecity
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby summerinthecity » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:09 pm

Liquid Ice wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:41 am For me it was the Grand Floridian Cafe. We told them we were celebrating our daughter's 7th birthday (and she had the button on) and I have not ever had a worse experience at Disney, maybe just generally at a restaurant.

The waiter came and took our order and then never came back to check on us until it was time to order dessert. He didn't give us anything to celebrate our daughter's birthday, didn't even say Happy Birthday. When our food came out, he never even asked if we needed anything - we had to flag down other people working to get help.
I'm sorry to hear this happened! Celebrating a birthday is probably the easiest special request at a restaurant - it's way easier than food restrictions or engagements. I hope her 8th birthday will be better, but I'm sure she will mostly remember celebrating with her family at Disney which is pretty sweet (crap service notwithstanding).
Liquid Ice
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Liquid Ice » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:12 pm

summerinthecity wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:09 pm
Liquid Ice wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:41 am For me it was the Grand Floridian Cafe. We told them we were celebrating our daughter's 7th birthday (and she had the button on) and I have not ever had a worse experience at Disney, maybe just generally at a restaurant.

I'm sorry to hear this happened! Celebrating a birthday is probably the easiest special request at a restaurant - it's way easier than food restrictions or engagements. I hope her 8th birthday will be better, but I'm sure she will mostly remember celebrating with her family at Disney which is pretty sweet (crap service notwithstanding).
Thanks, the next night made up for it - we were at Hollywood and Vine for Halloween and the waiter was amazing. I think he actually made a mistake (the table next to us was celebrating a birthday), but without a button and without telling him - he brought us a birthday cupcake - and when he asked if we had a birthday at the table, we were so surprised he knew, it felt like magic! He also remembered us from a previous trip we took and went to Hollywood and Vine - it was so nice.

Her actual birthday is in June - we had a trip planned near her actual birthday in 2020 but of course it got cancelled since the parks were closed - this year we'll be back in June (omg heat!), so hopefully we'll have a better birthday dinner for her :)
haley
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby haley » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:26 pm

peter pan's flight 🙊
Ashley.in.Wonderland
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Ashley.in.Wonderland » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:09 am

It's Tough to Be a Bug. Ironically, I've seen it twice. Once on our first trip when I was five and again as a teenager. I'm terrified of bugs . . . the first time I wasn't expecting all the "scary" bugs. The second time I thought I was just too young the first time . . . nope, still scared.
n7vulcan
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby n7vulcan » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:42 am

Pinocchio Village Haus

Theming in there is cool. Food is atrocious. We've tried this place 3 times spread across the years, and all three times, the food was the worst I've ever had at Disney, and pretty much anywhere else. And it comes with the Disney $ Tag, so it's definitely not worth paying for (imo, of course).
GAN
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby GAN » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:29 am

AnimalKingdomFan79 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:31 am Foodwise it was the chocolate-covered banana, something about it was just gross. I'll stick to my $$ mickey premium bars
YES! They're awful. I don't understand how people eat those. Something definitely got lost when the banana met the chocolate and ended up in a freezer. Mickey Premium Bars forever! LOL
nittanylions
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby nittanylions » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:25 pm

I had to think on this one for awhile because everything there is very good.

For us, it was Stitch’s Great Escape. We tried it when the kids were very young and it scared them.
haley
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby haley » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:44 pm

Ashley.in.Wonderland wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:09 am It's Tough to Be a Bug. Ironically, I've seen it twice. Once on our first trip when I was five and again as a teenager. I'm terrified of bugs . . . the first time I wasn't expecting all the "scary" bugs. The second time I thought I was just too young the first time . . . nope, still scared.
Oh, I have to second that, the first time I ever did it I was 16 and thought I wouldn't be affected because you know, I knew it wasn't real. Nope, burst into tears like a scared little kid by the end of it, like full-on sobbing.

I also have to add The Great Movie ride, ironically I also did that one 3 times, but each time I swore I'd be ready for the thing that scared me last time, and then a new scene that I had missed the previous time because I was covering my eyes would pop up and scare me. The first time I was 6 years old and thought the gangster that hijacked our ride vehicle had a real gun and was really going to shoot us (traumatic), the second time I was a few years older and it was the scene from Alien, and the third time it was the Indiana Jones scene. I think I had officially sworn never again when they finally got rid of it.
Harald
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Harald » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:29 am

summerinthecity wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:22 am

I agree, the original version was much nicer.
Kim*theParkWorld
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Kim*theParkWorld » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:45 pm

Ace wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:09 am Disney does a wonderful job of making attractions and experiences inviting and repeatable. However, occasionally there are things that people just don't enjoy. What are some of the things that have been one and done for you?

I agree! I love all the attractions, some more than others, but I am not a fan of the blue milk. It seems like most people like blue or green but not both. My husband and I both hated the blue milk and loved the green milk.
Chase the Wind & Touch the Sky
DreamFigment
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby DreamFigment » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:27 pm

I went on Tower of Terror at the encouragement of a guidebook that suggested everyone should try it. There happened to be a short wait time, so I decided to go for it — even knowing that it’s focused on two things I don’t like, spooky stuff and big drops. I respected the achievement of the attraction— great mood-setting queue, etc. — and didn’t throw up, but once was plenty.
DisNerd11
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby DisNerd11 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:51 pm

AnimalKingdomFan79 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:31 am Foodwise it was the chocolate-covered banana, something about it was just gross. I'll stick to my $$ mickey premium bars
Also, I didn't have the best time on big thunder mountain not sure if it's because I sat in the back but it was surprisingly intense, a bit too jerky for me. I probably may skip it next time.
I love the frozen chocolate covered banana.
summerinthecity
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby summerinthecity » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:32 pm

DreamFigment wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:27 pm I went on Tower of Terror at the encouragement of a guidebook that suggested everyone should try it. There happened to be a short wait time, so I decided to go for it — even knowing that it’s focused on two things I don’t like, spooky stuff and big drops. I respected the achievement of the attraction— great mood-setting queue, etc. — and didn’t throw up, but once was plenty.
I gotta ask: how did they describe the Tower of Terror WITHOUT mentioning the drop?