My Disney Alpha and Omega moment

All about the Mouse in the East!
The Maher Family
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Re: My Disney Alpha and Omega moment

Postby The Maher Family » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:04 pm

DisneyUpBoilerUp wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:15 pm My Alpha is packing. It all starts there. My Omega is me tearing up looking at the castle as I leave. I literally bawled my eyes out a few years ago at Disneyland. I stayed until 1AM. Circumstance led me to believe I may never go back. :( Luckily, I have been back once since. It would have been more if it hadn't been for the shutdown. For some reason, I don't get quite as emotional when leaving World vs. Land. Not sure why. I think it's because my first trip was to Disneyland in '79 or '80. :)
I am embarrassed to say I started packing my Disney cloths together for a trip that we still haven’t even booked! I get it...
DisneyUpBoilerUp
Mopper
Mopper

Postby DisneyUpBoilerUp » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:23 am

The Maher Family wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:04 pm
DisneyUpBoilerUp wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:15 pm My Alpha is packing. It all starts there. My Omega is me tearing up looking at the castle as I leave. I literally bawled my eyes out a few years ago at Disneyland. I stayed until 1AM. Circumstance led me to believe I may never go back. :( Luckily, I have been back once since. It would have been more if it hadn't been for the shutdown. For some reason, I don't get quite as emotional when leaving World vs. Land. Not sure why. I think it's because my first trip was to Disneyland in '79 or '80. :)
I am embarrassed to say I started packing my Disney cloths together for a trip that we still haven’t even booked! I get it...
I feel you, lol.
God Bless, and Happy Disney,
Disney Up, Boiler Up! :P
Just Theo
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Just Theo » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:59 pm

For me Alpha is the Magic Kingdom parking lot, specifically the Simba lot.........not really but close....for me it starts at TTC, do I take the Ferry or the Monorail.....Ferry or Monorail? this decision typically takes about 3-4 minutes.

Omega is ending the night at the Confectionary to bring homes some extra calories.
“Welcome to Costco, I love you”
The Maher Family
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby The Maher Family » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:59 pm

randyf79 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:11 pm I would say when we strap on our Magic Bands, usually on the airplane right before landing in Orlando.

We normally save the Magic Kingdom for the 'last day' so I would say it's the last look at the castle before rounding the corner to head out the tunnel.

:D
Strapping on the magic band is like a hug from Disney!!!
JennB
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby JennB » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:33 pm

Same here! When we get home from a trip I just leave all the MagicBands, Ears, and my toiletries. I wash and repack my park themed T-shirts. Some people have an emergency "go bag." Fans like us have a "Disney go bag!" It's as if having it packed and ready means that there "must" be a trip in the near future.
The Maher Family
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby The Maher Family » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:11 pm

JennB wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:33 pm
Same here! When we get home from a trip I just leave all the MagicBands, Ears, and my toiletries. I wash and repack my park themed T-shirts. Some people have an emergency "go bag." Fans like us have a "Disney go bag!" It's as if having it packed and ready means that there "must" be a trip in the near future.
Super sad but I bought a bag to put my Disney only cloths in!
The Maher Family
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby The Maher Family » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:54 pm

Just Theo wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:59 pm For me Alpha is the Magic Kingdom parking lot, specifically the Simba lot.........not really but close....for me it starts at TTC, do I take the Ferry or the Monorail.....Ferry or Monorail? this decision typically takes about 3-4 minutes.

Omega is ending the night at the Confectionary to bring homes some extra calories.
We need a candy apple for the road as well!
The Maher Family
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby The Maher Family » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:12 pm

My daughters first ever trip Alpha was at Down Town Disney, riding the train. Her Omega was saying good bye to each cast member; thanking them for the great time she had. She was almost 2. In my mind I was already booking our next trip.
The Maher Family
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby The Maher Family » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:56 pm

KK0213 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:31 pm Walking in MK and looking at the castle. I just stand there a few minutes and feel at peace....I'm home
My daughter said, “I can see the castle”! Her first trip when she was almost 2. We now make her and her sister say it every time we see it the first time. She is now 15.
The Maher Family
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby The Maher Family » Fri May 07, 2021 7:23 pm

The Maher Family wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:29 pm The Alpha moment is the event that starts your vacation. My Disney vacation begins the minute I pass through the tunnel, glance at the attraction posters, the light brightens my path and I step into the sounds and smells of the park. My heart fills with the excitement of Disney. What is your alpha moment? The omega is my last glimpse of the castle. I always schedule the last day, last second of my trip at Magic Kingdom. I need those last fleeting seconds to stare back and say goodbye. It’s the moment that I say to myself, “I will be back”! What is your alpha and omega moment?

I hope I will be back!?!

Alpha moment during the pandemic is picking out your daily park masks.
Alpha moment today is buying your daily masks!
The Maher Family
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby The Maher Family » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:50 pm

After 3 years, the longest run without Disney in our family history, we have a missing part of our life that we need to fill… that’s our Alpha… being home will be our omega!!!
Jack Peterson
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Jack Peterson » Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:18 pm

The Alpha moment for me is before I leave my house, I look up to the sky and thank God that I’m able to go back to Disney again. The Omega moment is standing in front of the castle at Magic Kingdom. We always go to Magic Kingdom on our last day.