What is the FIRST thing you do at WDW?

All about the Mouse in the East!
Happy2012
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Re: What is the FIRST thing you do at WDW?

Postby Happy2012 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:39 pm

Like a lot of people we try to arrive early jump on the Magical Express no need to grab bags. ( Well this September will be the last time for the Magical Express 🥺 and we will have to get our luggage😖) Then off to explore last trip it was our first ride on the Skyliner this time resort hop. But we are on the minority for the first park, we love Animal kingdom so that is always our first full day park.
:D Happy
Jack Peterson
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Jack Peterson » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:59 am

I usually do Mad Tea Party surprisingly if I go to Magic Kingdom first and The Seas With Nemo & Friends if I go to Epcot first.
Wilbur Robinson
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Wilbur Robinson » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:35 am

summerinthecity wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:02 pm
Wilbur Robinson wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:12 am I'm not quite sure if this type of post has been made before, but I thought I'd give it a go! When you first arrive at WDW, what park do you go to, what do you do first?

When we go to WDW, we always go to Epcot first, and eat at either Japan or the Land. :D
Lots of fun memories!
Traditionally, the first day would never involve parks because we were worried about flights getting delayed and other nonsense. We would always go to The Village (now Disney Springs) and do some shopping and eat a sit down meal. It would be the best meal we would eat until probably the final night we were there. The restaurant we went to served butter in shape of Mickey which, to this day, signals to me your restaurant is classy. (A bit bummed I don't see a lot of molded butter in fine dining places.) I ALWAYS thought this day in the Village/Disney Springs was kind of dull because I wanted to get to the parks, but as an adult, I think it's good to have a buffer day and just ease into vacation mode.
Mickey shaped butter?? I like that sound of that!! I always felt the same anxiousness about wanting to go to the parks when I would go to Downtown Disney (as a kid). I haven't been to Disney Springs in years but I heard that they have great restaurants and would love to try it one day. Maybe I'll have to use your method!
"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
- Walt Disney
Meridasmom
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Meridasmom » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:16 pm

Pre-Covid we would leave in the morning and drive down, stop in St Augustine at the old Disney outlet (it's been a long time) but it's gone now. Head to the resort and check in. Usually hang at the resort or go to Downtown Disney. Our travel day is about 8 hours or so, so we like to be well rested before our week at the park and 10 + mile days start. First park day is always MK, and I usually hit Starbucks first, then straight into Tomorrowland for Space Mountain. After that it's really just go with the flow. We usually have hoppers and our dining reservations usually dictates where we're headed.
aka Christie Munn
Coastal SC
WDW 1980,2005, 2006,2008
2016, 2018, Tokyo 2019, 2021
Favorites: AK, MK, HS, Epcot
Dole whip
Aladdin, Lilo & Stitch, Brave
JennB
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby JennB » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:48 am

Mr. Bill San Diego wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:55 pm I am not able to go very much, but will always do the same thing on arrival, and it is not going to a park. Flying from the west I get in a little later. So after checking in no matter what resort, unless I am already there, I take a ride to Port Orleans Riverside. From there take a nice walk along the water and then once at French Quarter take the boat to Disney Springs for a nice dinner. I love Morimoto Asia to begin the trip, but cant wait to try Homecoming next time. After that it is back to the room and just relax so I can be up early the next morning to rope drop whatever park is first on the itinerary. Depending on the weather and time I have also taken the boat back for that same walk at night, REALLY NICE, before calling a ride back to my room.
Homecomin" will change your life! I also enjoy walking around Port Orleans resort.
Harald
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Harald » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:56 am

We always go first into Magic Kingdom, then Epcot, Studios and at last Animal Kingdom. At least one day for each park.
But the thing what we do at first is just staying for a couple of minutes on the Main Street of Magic Kingdom.
mary
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby mary » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:14 pm

My family and I usually start our vacation off at Epcot. We usually just stay in the World Showcase for the first day and hit Future World later on in the trip. We ride Frozen Ever After and Three Caballeros ;) For dinner, it varies year to year, but last time we went in 2019 we ate at Biergarten!! The food is so tasty there and the live entertainment is lots of fun 8-)
mpostak
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby mpostak » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:22 pm

We always begin...and end....our trip with the Magic Kingdom. My 8 year old son and 3 year old daughter love seeing the castle first thing
jbletheby
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby jbletheby » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:57 pm

summerinthecity wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:02 pm
Wilbur Robinson wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:12 am I'm not quite sure if this type of post has been made before, but I thought I'd give it a go! When you first arrive at WDW, what park do you go to, what do you do first?

When we go to WDW, we always go to Epcot first, and eat at either Japan or the Land. :D
Lots of fun memories!
Traditionally, the first day would never involve parks because we were worried about flights getting delayed and other nonsense. We would always go to The Village (now Disney Springs) and do some shopping and eat a sit down meal. It would be the best meal we would eat until probably the final night we were there. The restaurant we went to served butter in shape of Mickey which, to this day, signals to me your restaurant is classy. (A bit bummed I don't see a lot of molded butter in fine dining places.) I ALWAYS thought this day in the Village/Disney Springs was kind of dull because I wanted to get to the parks, but as an adult, I think it's good to have a buffer day and just ease into vacation mode.
Love DS for first day, so much to see and do there!
If you can dream it you can do it - Walt
JennB
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby JennB » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:06 am

Our family of 8 drives down so we usually hit DS for a quick afternoon of Lego store shopping and Chicken Guy, Blaze Pizza, or Earl of Sandwich.
Our first park day always varies but we always go to the same attractions first... If we are going to MK we ride TTA People Mover (since its been down we have made Jungle Cruise our first choice). If at Epcot we ride Spaceship Earth. DHS is Midway Mania. Animal Kingdom we ride Kilimanjaro Safari first thing. Of course these are not the typical E ticket attractions most people race to at rope drop but with kiddos ranging in age 14-2 we like to start the day with something we can all ride and then we might have to split up for other rides or utilize rider switch. So far we have never missed riding everyones favorite attraction, and of course they each have a different favorite! :lol: