Skyliner

All about the Mouse in the East!
jbletheby
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Skyliner

Postby jbletheby » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:29 am

I think the skyliner is the best mode of transportation in the whole park. makes ask a question, where would you like to see the skyliner go next?
If you can dream it you can do it - Walt
Liquid Ice
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Re: Skyliner

Postby Liquid Ice » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:57 am

jbletheby wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:29 am I think the skyliner is the best mode of transportation in the whole park. makes ask a question, where would you like to see the skyliner go next?
The Skyliner is good except when it breaks down and you get stuck for long periods of time, or when it is down because of weather.

With that said, if the future of Disney transportation is the skyliner - then I'd love for it to go to Animal Kingdom and Animal Kingdom Lodge. Would be great if AKL got skyliner access and could get to both the Animal Kingdom park but also Epcot and Hollywood Studios.
Dive Bar Casanova
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Dive Bar Casanova » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:15 am

I'd like to see them remove the decals from the windows first. Ridiculous.
jbletheby
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby jbletheby » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:49 am

Liquid Ice wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:57 am
jbletheby wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:29 am I think the skyliner is the best mode of transportation in the whole park. makes ask a question, where would you like to see the skyliner go next?
The Skyliner is good except when it breaks down and you get stuck for long periods of time, or when it is down because of weather.

With that said, if the future of Disney transportation is the skyliner - then I'd love for it to go to Animal Kingdom and Animal Kingdom Lodge. Would be great if AKL got skyliner access and could get to both the Animal Kingdom park but also Epcot and Hollywood Studios.
true not perfect but love the experience and more enjoyable than the buses.

would love the AK and AKL addition
jbletheby
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby jbletheby » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:51 am

Dive Bar Casanova wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:15 am I'd like to see them remove the decals from the windows first. Ridiculous.
Thats interesting thought. I actually do like the decals though. think it adds a little Disney flair to it all
nittanylions
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby nittanylions » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:59 pm

We haven’t been at Disney World since Skyliner has been in operation. Do they still run busses from Pop Century to the parks served by Skyliner, ie, EPCOT and Hollywood Studios?
jbletheby
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby jbletheby » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:16 pm

nittanylions wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:59 pm We haven’t been at Disney World since Skyliner has been in operation. Do they still run busses from Pop Century to the parks served by Skyliner, ie, EPCOT and Hollywood Studios?
my understanding is only if the skyliner isnt running
Liquid Ice
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Liquid Ice » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:29 pm

6D95D2B7-724A-4AD9-8199-77CB55ADD30D.jpeg
6D95D2B7-724A-4AD9-8199-77CB55ADD30D.jpeg (165.88 KiB) Viewed 11863 times
Nothing official, but here is a map of what an expanded skyliner map could look like with AK and AKL along with a Disney Springs route! Red lines are the existing skyliner routers, green are the theoretical ones.

I've also seen ones with a route to get to the TTC or maybe Magic Kingdom, but that seems unlikely just because of how far away it is.

At this point, with Disney saying they're reducing investment in the parks, I doubt this will happen anytime soon (would love to be wrong) - but maybe in the longer term!
CH-GenX
Platinum Hopper
Platinum Hopper

Postby CH-GenX » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:09 am

I love the skyliner. I wish it went more places.

Old School Signature
jubal1265
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby jubal1265 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:06 am

Animal Kingdom and AKL make a lot of sense.
GAN
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby GAN » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:49 am

Liquid Ice wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:57 am
This is true. My daughter and I got stuck up there a couple months after the accident they had. Leaving EPCOT we got stuck over the roadway for about 45 mins ..not budging for 30 minutes. Had a great view of the France expansion though. The biggest issue was the way it was handled. The intercom that plays the loop worked but the message they were sending informing us of what happened was unintelligible ..so we had no clue what was going on. When we finally got moving they told us the line was being shut down and we'd have to arrange our own transportation from Riviera(we were going to POP). Wonderful. The whole ride from EPCOT to RR was about an hour and we got off the CM says "How's it going". How's it going? Pretty bad actually ...LOL! Had we known what was going on it would have eased the situation -not knowing if we were looking at an evacuation was our biggest issue ...and we were in a pretty precarious spot to be evacuated from. The next morning I received a call from a VP of Operations and we had a good discussion about potential improvements. My only advice -go to the bathroom before you get on, especially if your a 55+ male ...LOL.
jm1670
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby jm1670 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:13 pm

Liquid Ice wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:29 pm 6D95D2B7-724A-4AD9-8199-77CB55ADD30D.jpeg

Nothing official, but here is a map of what an expanded skyliner map could look like with AK and AKL along with a Disney Springs route! Red lines are the existing skyliner routers, green are the theoretical ones.

I've also seen ones with a route to get to the TTC or maybe Magic Kingdom, but that seems unlikely just because of how far away it is.

At this point, with Disney saying they're reducing investment in the parks, I doubt this will happen anytime soon (would love to be wrong) - but maybe in the longer term!
I see a problem with that map. The link from Hollywood Studio to Blizzard beach would be a problem. First it would require a whole new line and station. I don't think they can just extend the exiting line they would need to build a new one similar to what they have at Caribbean Beach. The problem with that is there isn't enough room to build one where it is now. Real estate is very tight there. Also if they did build it then the skyliner would run directly over Sunset Blvd of Hollywood Studio, basically killing the site lines.

Maybe instead they should build a second station at Epcot near the current one and go directly to Coronado Springs instead. You could perhaps build a hub at Coronado springs that would then go off to Animal Kingdom and Blizzard beach.

Linking the TTC would be nice but it's a really long way off. Currently the each of the Skyliner legs are about a half mile in distance. It would be easily 3 miles to get to the TTC.
Brewbud
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Brewbud » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:15 pm

That is one of my fears -- Having it stop and when you need to use the RR.
jbletheby
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby jbletheby » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:23 pm

Brewbud wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:15 pm That is one of my fears -- Having it stop and when you need to use the RR.
i get the restroom but never really have worried about it. i always think its worth the risk
Brewbud
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Brewbud » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:43 pm

jbletheby wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:23 pm
Brewbud wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:15 pm That is one of my fears -- Having it stop and when you need to use the RR.
i get the restroom but never really have worried about it. i always think its worth the risk
It doesn't cause me too much worry but sometimes we are coming back after having dinner and drinks. Could be a problem if it stops for a long time. :shock:
jbletheby
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby jbletheby » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:16 pm

Brewbud wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:43 pm
It doesn't cause me too much worry but sometimes we are coming back after having dinner and drinks. Could be a problem if it stops for a long time. :shock:
Great point :lol:
Poppy
Gold Hopper
Gold Hopper

Postby Poppy » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:31 pm

jbletheby wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:16 pm

lol i second that emotion - this is why i even try to avoid elevators if i can, having been stuck in one for an hour - even if you didn't think you needed to go, when you find yourself trapped, suddenly your body says 'oh yeah, come to think of it, i DO need to use the RR, like right now' :lol:
Former DLand CM loving life - worked Outdoor Vending & Tomorrowland Attractions (Peoplemover, Submarine Voyage, Mission to Mars, Star Tours) :)
CH-GenX
Platinum Hopper
Platinum Hopper

Postby CH-GenX » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:14 am

Poppy wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:31 pm
jbletheby wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:16 pm

lol i second that emotion - this is why i even try to avoid elevators if i can, having been stuck in one for an hour - even if you didn't think you needed to go, when you find yourself trapped, suddenly your body says 'oh yeah, come to think of it, i DO need to use the RR, like right now' :lol:
Don't the skyliners have poop bags on them?

Old School Signature
Liquid Ice
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Liquid Ice » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:54 am

jm1670 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:13 pm
Liquid Ice wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:29 pm 6D95D2B7-724A-4AD9-8199-77CB55ADD30D.jpeg

I see a problem with that map. The link from Hollywood Studio to Blizzard beach would be a problem. First it would require a whole new line and station. I don't think they can just extend the exiting line they would need to build a new one similar to what they have at Caribbean Beach. The problem with that is there isn't enough room to build one where it is now. Real estate is very tight there. Also if they did build it then the skyliner would run directly over Sunset Blvd of Hollywood Studio, basically killing the site lines.

Maybe instead they should build a second station at Epcot near the current one and go directly to Coronado Springs instead. You could perhaps build a hub at Coronado springs that would then go off to Animal Kingdom and Blizzard beach.

Linking the TTC would be nice but it's a really long way off. Currently the each of the Skyliner legs are about a half mile in distance. It would be easily 3 miles to get to the TTC.
Yeah it is just a theoretical map that was made by someone drawing lines in Google Maps :) - so nothing definitive, just a theoretical map.

We'll have to wait (and it may be awhile) and see if Disney decide to announce a new skyliner line and what it would look like if they did it. Until they, we can dream :)
jbletheby
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby jbletheby » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:03 am

Liquid Ice wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:54 am
jm1670 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:13 pm

fun to look and guess where it does next, if it goes next.

Yeah it is just a theoretical map that was made by someone drawing lines in Google Maps :) - so nothing definitive, just a theoretical map.

We'll have to wait (and it may be awhile) and see if Disney decide to announce a new skyliner line and what it would look like if they did it. Until they, we can dream :)
Liquid Ice
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Liquid Ice » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:12 am

BTW- Here is another theoretical image - that solves the problem of the skyliner running over top of Hollywood Studios.

This image combines the Blizzard Beach and Coronado Springs station - and doesn't necessarily include an explicit Animal Kingdom Lodge station (although it could).

It also potentially solves the problem of the Hollywood Studios station not having enough room by using the Riviera hub station to connect to the Blizzard Beach / Coronado Springs station - although it could also potentially use the Caribbean Beach station to keep it as a hub.

Big Daddy T-Mo
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby Big Daddy T-Mo » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:31 pm

I will be staying at the POP Century next week. I plan on taking the Skyliner to Epcot on Monday and Hollywood Studios on Tuesday. Monday is not a problem getting there at the Epcot opening of 11 am. But I would like to get to Hollywood Studios before they open at 9 am. Does anyone know how early the Skyliner starts at POP Centrury? Maybe I should Uber that day instead so I can do the rope drop?
Liquid Ice
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Liquid Ice » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:49 pm

Big Daddy T-Mo wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:31 pm I will be staying at the POP Century next week. I plan on taking the Skyliner to Epcot on Monday and Hollywood Studios on Tuesday. Monday is not a problem getting there at the Epcot opening of 11 am. But I would like to get to Hollywood Studios before they open at 9 am. Does anyone know how early the Skyliner starts at POP Centrury? Maybe I should Uber that day instead so I can do the rope drop?
Generally speaking they will open 30-45 mins before the park opens - but a long line usually forms before that at Pop / AoA. If you really want to be one of the first in the park, it would be better to Uber to Boardwalk and walk to Hollywood Studios from Boardwalk. If you Uber to Hollywood Studios, they will hold you at the "toll" to pay for parking until around 30 mins before opening. I've walked from Beach Club before (Boardwalk is closer though) and been 3rd in line for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway so you can definitely be one of the first in the park this way. I'd recommend planning to get to Boardwalk around 7:45-8am and walking to Hollywood Studios, you'll have to wait awhile to get in, but then you can be one of the first in the parks.

If you just want to get there before 9am, you should be able to use the Skyliner to do it, but you may want to line up early at the Pop skyliner.
Toria
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Toria » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:55 pm

I could see it heading to Animal Kingdom.
Live life in your truth!
-Latoria-
jbletheby
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby jbletheby » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:22 am

Toria wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:55 pm
I could see it heading to Animal Kingdom.
That would be fun!