Name a time when a Cast Member made some magic for you! Small or large

All about the Mouse in the East!
Lovedisney20
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Name a time when a Cast Member made some magic for you! Small or large

Postby Lovedisney20 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:39 am

Name some of your favorite magical memories made by a cast member!

I’ll start. Hollywood Studios closed at 9 on this specific day and we had just got off Toy Story Mania and as soon as we stepped out from the exit queue, it was past 9 pm. My friends and I really wanted to ride one more time. So we went up the the CM and asked since it was just three people, could we ride one more time before closing and she’s said sure!!! So we were the only people on the entire attraction and they all cheered when we came back to unloading. It took them a few extra minutes but is a memory I’ll remember the rest of my life!
Morgan
DCP Alum
“Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever.” - Walt Disney
jbletheby
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Re: Name a time when a Cast Member made some magic for you! Small or large

Postby jbletheby » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:09 am

my birthday in 2019 they got me and my family(8 of us in total) prime seating at fantasmic
If you can dream it you can do it - Walt
JanS Disney1974
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby JanS Disney1974 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:24 pm

My husband and I had reservation at Polynesian to stay for 4 nights after our Disney Cruise. After getting off the ship-we had a rental car at the port- we drove directly to Poly. We arrived at around 9:30 am. The CM that checked us in asked us where we wanted to stay, we said we were fine with anywhere as we love the Poly. He told us ok, I’m upgrading you to Concierge as I see you’ve stayed with us before. It was Wonderful and the room was ready. We were able to go straight to the room!!!
Meridasmom
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Meridasmom » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:29 pm

2005 trip- 18 of us all family were invited to be Grand Marshals of the MNSSHP Parade. Amazing experience. I have a pic in another thread on a similar topic.
aka Christie Munn
Coastal SC
WDW 1980,2005, 2006,2008
2016, 2018, Tokyo 2019, 2021
Favorites: AK, MK, HS, Epcot
Dole whip
Aladdin, Lilo & Stitch, Brave
NeilPharmD
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby NeilPharmD » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:43 pm

Just yesterday, I was gonna use my Starbucks b-day rewards at Magic Kingdom and the CM told me they don’t redeem rewards on Disney property. Anyway, I placed my order and ready to pay as normal when all of a sudden the CM told me everything was covered on behalf of Mickey for my birthday. So very grateful and surprised!
🎵 Nothing Can Stop Us Now 🎵
Diandra
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Diandra » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:26 pm

Back in 2015 we were there on our Disneymoon and had a reservation at The Plaza Restaurant. The wonderful CM who waited on us was so sweet to ask what we were at Disney for (pretty sure our Aussie accents prompted him :D ) but then he came back with 2 fast passes vouchers for us to use on any ride. I'll never forget that moment. We used the fast passes for Haunted Mansion :mrgreen:
Have a Magical Day!
Liquid Ice
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Liquid Ice » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:30 pm

Last year, pre-covid restrictions (February 2020) I was in the Orlando area for work and I decided to go to the paid hard ticket event for After Hours at Magic Kingdom.

First, I was able to get the Annual Passholder price for a same day ticket to After Hours which according to the website you're not supposed to get. Not sure if it is different at the ticket window, but I'll call it pixie dust!

Then I went to try to get food at Cosmic Rays - but they had just closed. There were still people on line placing orders but they said I couldn't get in line because they were closed. I didn't eat lunch and had worked a long day - so I was starving. I went back up after the last person had ordered and asked if there was any chance I could still place an order because I had worked all day, had no lunch and everything else was closed. The cast member took pity on me and asked what I wanted - I told him anything, a burger or chicken nuggets - whatever they had. He went to the back and grabbed a burger and brought it out. I asked him how much it was and he said no charge, the registers were already closed and he couldn't charge me for it so it was on the mouse. I wish I had gotten his name but I was so shocked by his kindness I forgot. I'll never forget though, it was such a kind gesture and it helped make my night a lot better so I wasn't starving (or just eating the free popcorn).
Brewbud
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Brewbud » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:31 pm

Disneyland CMs went way above and beyond when I proposed to my girlfriend at POC/Blue Bayou.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=429&start=10
Londwar
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Londwar » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:13 am

2011 was my first time ever going to WDW. On our first full day, I was wearing my First Time button in Hollywood Studios. Just next to the Sorcerer’s hat, there was an ice cream cart. I asked to get a Mickey Bar and because it was my first time, she gave it to me for free. That made all the difference in the world and added a bit of magic that day.
2 years learning Spanish and all I remember is "Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas."

GAN
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby GAN » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:26 am

I have quite a few but the best one happened to a friend.

They were at MK early and headed right to Dumbo and were one of the first few in line. (this was a while ago when Dumbo was in the original location)The CM approached and asked if their son wanted to ride with Mickey ...he says sure! So they ride Dumbo get off and the CM asks he they can walk towards the castle ...so off he goes hand in hand walking with Mickey towards the castle. Thank goodness he had a video camera and caught it all on film ...pretty rare occurrence, even back then. After leaving the park, they get on the monorail and he asks his son if he had fun ...his son says, oh yeah -but next time I think I'll "let" Goofy ride Dumbo with me! Best answer ever ...LOL!
Lisa Mowserulz
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby Lisa Mowserulz » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:50 pm

Was in MK with my mum and we had just got ice creams on main street and were walking quickly to get on Pirates. On the path in front of Crystal Palace my mum dropped her ice cream! A CM happened to be walking by and as we were cleaning it up asked what kind of ice cream it was and told us to wait a minute. She came back a few moments later with a new ice cream cone for my mum. It made me cry!! Just goes to show that CM's make magic happen for adults as well as kids. I promised not to make my mum walk and eat anymore and just slow down and enjoy the magic of Disney :D
Leslie Langenegger
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby Leslie Langenegger » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:52 pm

I had just gotten off Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway ( on day #2 of operation!), and wanted to get the Micky and Minnie plush in the car. They were packaged and you never know which one you're getting. When I cashed out, the cast member asked which one I wanted. He made sure that I got it!
Wilbur Robinson
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Wilbur Robinson » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:01 pm

One day me, my brother, and my aunt went to the Plaza Ice cream Parlor in MK.. My brother has a peanut allergy, so usually we have a cast member tell him what's safe. (and so that the right precautions are taken making the sundae)
Anyway, after we all got our sundaes the cast member says that we're good to go. BUT we didn't pay! After telling this to the cast member, she insisted that we didn't have to pay. Whaaaa??

Anyway, we got three plaza ice cream sundaes for free! :o
We were so thankful!!
"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
- Walt Disney
7cats&counting
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby 7cats&counting » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:09 pm

My last trip with my school, in Feb 2020, was freezing cold! We were on Main Street our final day, and some of the kids were shivering waiting for a parade. A CM got chatting to one of our teachers (who is one of the nicest humans ever). After a while the CM said he’d be right back. Five mins later he reappeared with a voucher for the teacher to buy a hoody (he had lent his to a kid), and then the CM said “follow me”, and took those of our party that were there right into meet Mickey! Super super happy teens!
🐈 7catsandcounting 🐈‍⬛
U.K Disney fan 💜
TimmsFiles
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby TimmsFiles » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:22 pm

Pixie dust character greet.

Daughter and Mrs were in the old character spot at Epcot 2018. They were last in-line, were surprised when the ‘gang’ crept up behind them.

Dive Bar Casanova
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Dive Bar Casanova » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:38 am

A server at the Prime Time cafe' really went the extra mile for us.
Made our kids feel extra special and were the most fun moments of the trip.
We saw her off shift later at one of the WDW restaurants and bought her a Mickey Mouse Martini:

Crazy4WDW
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby Crazy4WDW » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:19 am

In 2005 My family went to Magic Kingdom. I noticed the barber shop and wanted to have my 1 year old get his first haircut at Disney. I went inside to ask if a reservation was needed and the cast member apologized and told me they were all booked for the rest of the day. As I thanked her and turned to leave she asked me if the haircut was for my son. I said yes his first one. What happened next is the magic. With no more than a five minute wait he was in the chair. They put stickers on him and a toy to play with. When his haircut was finished they put Mickey glitter in his hair and Mickey ears on his head with First Haircut stitched on the back.Also a lock of his hair wrapped in Disney paper.

CamFam02
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby CamFam02 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:07 pm

We were on our way to our dinner reservation at Cinderella’s Royal Table with my daughters age 9,6, and 1. They were dressed as princesses and as we entered in to Main Street a cast member came up to my older girls and asked them for THEIR autographs. They were stunned as they had been getting characters’ autographs the whole trip, to have the CM call them “your highness” and treat them like princesses was really magical!! It just made the experience that much more amazing!

nalchellda
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby nalchellda » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:29 am

A couple years ago we waited for a bit to meet Goofy as it was my sisters birthday and he is her favorite. I should add that my sister was about 41 years old at the time. This wasn't at an enclosed meet and greet spot but on the street. We were lucky and first to line up. (we showed up half an hour before he even arrived) Goofy walked up and saw my sister's birthday button, and instantly turned and lead the crowd into singing her happy birthday. It truly made her day and is one of our favorite memories of our times at the park.
DLandChris
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby DLandChris » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:36 pm

I was at an extra magic hour time at Epcot and it was raining a lot that night. It still wasn't getting me down, but a cast member made it even better at Journey Into Imagination. I had some Epcot paraphernalia like wearing a special Magic Band and I happened to have an Epcot logo water bottle. We started talking about the park and how much we both loved it. Suddenly he asked if I wanted a picture behind the desk and it stunned me. He unhooked a part of the queue rope said he'll take the photo on my phone and to even write my name in the guest book. Lo and behold there were several signatures in it, so it was a legit thing that can happen. I was still so amazed and incredibly giddy to be able to sit behind there and sign my name. It felt like I became part of the ride! I was so thankful to that cast member and definitely left a cast compliment for him!

KelchMom
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby KelchMom » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:36 am

During the "Year of a Million Dreams" (I think that's what it was called), a cast member gave my whole family fast passes for every ride in Magic Kingdom!
SerranoPE
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby SerranoPE » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:37 am

Back when there were paper fastpasses, on the last evening of our trip, we used a fastpass for Soarin' at EPCOT. While we were waiting in line, the CM started talking to my son and she asked how our vacation was going etc. In the course of that conversation, my son had mentioned that this was our last evening at Disney and that we'd be heading back home the next day [so the doom and gloom had started to set in]. When the line started moving, the cast member took our fastpasses from us, smiled, and gave them back to us and told us to come back and ride again! Just a nice gesture and she made our day!
SerranoPE
Dive Bar Casanova
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Dive Bar Casanova » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:17 pm

We have a special needs child in the family and characters spotted her in her special stroller.
The characters, two princesses came up and were a class act and treated her with respect and love and said the most touching and warm hearted things and in a way we never could have imagined.
I'll never forget that ever.

When we com across a rude and surly Disney employee we stay above it and recall that most the cast members are good people.
Last edited by Dive Bar Casanova on Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buford Snooter
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby Buford Snooter » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:11 pm

Went to Disney World after my chemo session and had a blast.
Went to take a picture with Chip n' Dale and they let me go on Seven Dwarves Mine Train 5 times in a row without wait!!!
I had the time of my life.
Too bad that'll most likely be my last time meeting them :(
Yippee ki-yay !
Courtney Scott
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Courtney Scott » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:32 am

My youngest DD got the bejesus scared out of her on Haunted Mansion. A CM saw her crying afterward and really stayed with her a while trying to calm her down. She said stay right here I'll be right back and came back with vouchers for ice cream and Fast Passes.