Would you pay for a fast pass?

All about the Mouse in the East!
Wilbur Robinson
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Would you pay for a fast pass?

Postby Wilbur Robinson » Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:41 am

I've heard (and I'm sure you have too!) the rumor that we might have to pay for Fast Passes.
In Disneyland Paris they're charging $9 to $18 per person, per attraction.
I'm genuinely curious to hear about other people's opinions on this -- some say 'yes!' and for others its 'no way!'

I personally don't have a strong opinion on it, but I do know that I probably wouldn't end up paying. I mean, I usually don't go on too many rides anyway, and those prices seem like they would be better spent on a meal or souvenir! I always liked how easy it was to access fast passes without needing to pay, too. It felt satisfying to get it for free! :D

What are your thoughts?? :geek:
"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
- Walt Disney
Disney Donna
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Re: Would you pay for a fast pass?

Postby Disney Donna » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:52 am

Personally I wouldn't pay for fast passes, reminds me very of pay to win games, if you want to complete this free game faster and easier then it's gonna cost you.
I very much liked the idea of the fast pass + system, I have never used it as I'm yet to make my first visit but I thought it was a very good system, I shall be very upset if it's not reinstated as it was and I'm already considering if it will be worth bringing my family if we will be spending more time in queues than I was already anticipating.
Hoping to make our first trip to the World of Mouse one day
Happy2012
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Happy2012 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:34 am

Well this is a hot topic! I think it is rediculus to expect guests to pay PER RIDE! Not per attraction, each time you ride you pay that fee🤯. Not sure how I feel about a system similar to Max Pass in Disneyland in California I have never been so never experienced this but a per day that also includes photopass may not be to bad as long as it is not hundreds of dollars per day. We already purchase memory maker so...if we get a combination 🤷🏻‍♀️
:D Happy
Ashley.in.Wonderland
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Ashley.in.Wonderland » Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:48 pm

I would MAYBE pay for a fast pass for the day, if that makes sense. For example, if it was an extra ticket add on like a park hopper and you got to go through the fast pass line as many times as you want or maybe if it was even just more fast passes (more than the three free ones WDW used to give), depending on the price. I don't think I would ever pay PER RIDE (and certainly not $15 per ride); I think that's just too far and really starts to feel like I'm being nickel and dimed.
Wilbur Robinson
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Wilbur Robinson » Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:07 pm

Ashley.in.Wonderland wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:48 pm I would MAYBE pay for a fast pass for the day, if that makes sense. For example, if it was an extra ticket add on like a park hopper and you got to go through the fast pass line as many times as you want or maybe if it was even just more fast passes (more than the three free ones WDW used to give), depending on the price. I don't think I would ever pay PER RIDE (and certainly not $15 per ride); I think that's just too far and really starts to feel like I'm being nickel and dimed.
I definitely agree with you on per ride being too much. I mean, you pay so much money (and more if you want others to come with) for a ride that's only going to last a couple minutes. I would feel stressed out trying to enjoy every minute of the ride to get my money's worth! I also agree about the add-on thing. If they're going to do something drastic, that's what I'd hope for.
"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
- Walt Disney
jbletheby
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby jbletheby » Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:44 pm

not sure, i love and miss the dining plans, just makes life easy. would i feel the same about the fastpass. no sure, my initial guess is i wouldnt pay. but i know they need to do something, cause 2 plus hour wait for rides is out of control!
If you can dream it you can do it - Walt
Wilbur Robinson
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Wilbur Robinson » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:41 am

jbletheby wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:44 pm not sure, i love and miss the dining plans, just makes life easy. would i feel the same about the fastpass. no sure, my initial guess is i wouldnt pay. but i know they need to do something, cause 2 plus hour wait for rides is out of control!
Definitely! Those 2 hours could be better spent doing many other things in the parks.
- Walt Disney
reaganbetter
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby reaganbetter » Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:21 am

Wilbur Robinson

Disney announced this paid fast pass program is in TESTING process. Its a trial to see how well customers like it and to see if
it reduces actual wait-times. I doubt Walt Disney World or Disneyland in CA will put it into place by the end of the year. Usually,
the parks add new policy and items January each year.

https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/202107/8332/
https://wdwnt.com/2021/07/disney-premie ... sort-soon/
https://wdwnt.com/2021/07/confirmed-dis ... 8e-a-ride/
Wilbur Robinson
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Wilbur Robinson » Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:30 am

reaganbetter wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:21 am Wilbur Robinson

Disney announced this paid fast pass program is in TESTING process. Its a trial to see how well customers like it and to see if
it reduces actual wait-times. I doubt Walt Disney World or Disneyland in CA will put it into place by the end of the year. Usually,
the parks add new policy and items January each year.

https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/202107/8332/
https://wdwnt.com/2021/07/disney-premie ... sort-soon/
https://wdwnt.com/2021/07/confirmed-dis ... 8e-a-ride/
Interesting! We'll see what happens!
- Walt Disney
nittanylions
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby nittanylions » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:56 pm

Pay per ride makes me think of going to the fair and buying tickets for each ride. I don’t view Disney World like I view the fair. It seems beneath Disney to do something like that.
LukeLovesDisney
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby LukeLovesDisney » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:02 am

I think that it’s quite sad that Disney have decided to go down this route of charging for fast passes, I know other theme parks such as Universal do it but it was another thing that made Disney far more (to me) appealing.

Maybe, and hopefully, one day they’ll go back to free FP’s!
See Ya Real Soon!
Last WDW Trip: December 2008
Last DLP Trip: October 2018

D23 Gold Member

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney
Harald
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Harald » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:44 am

Don't get me wrong I am really a Disney fan but do we not pay already enough to get into the
Park? Even we know that on the busy days you are not able to make a lot of rides. Not everyone
Is in the lucky position not just to pay up to $156 for a single one day admission and spend another
maybe $100 to cut the line. That makes the normal lines even worse because all the extra payer
get in front of "normal guests". The original fastpass was limited to a certain amount per hour,
Mostly you have to come back later and during this time you was not able to get another one.
How is work with the pay per ride, unlimited amount? Up to that much that the normal line just stop?
I think that will more divide between the ones with money and the one that barley have made there
Dream come true and visit Disney. I think it is a sad development.