Christmas

All about the Mouse in the East!
jbletheby
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Christmas

Postby jbletheby » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:12 pm

I know, i know we haven't even had Halloween yet. but I am curious have we heard anything on what they are doing this year for Christmas. one of my most favorite times to be in Disney
If you can dream it you can do it - Walt
OhanaMana
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Re: Christmas

Postby OhanaMana » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:17 am

We will be there in mid December too this year! We absolutely cannot wait.

As of now, there hasn't been anything officially announced for Christmas activities and everything Disney plans to do at WDW this year.

I think it'll be interesting to watch how the Halloween Boo Bash after hour events go as they may gauge them and determine if they are a good fit for this years Christmas events rather than the usual Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. I think it's important to have expectations set correctly because not only is this year not normal with COVID potentially lingering, but also the 50th celebration starting in October with its own special aspects that will probably take priority over the normal Christmas and holiday decoration, events, fireworks, parades, etc.

With the new 50th celebration firework show "Disney Enchantment" starting October 1st, and presumably running through the full 18 month celebration (nothing has been said they will NOT run this show every day), I don't think we should expect the normal Christmas fireworks show at MK this year. And unfortunately, with the ribbons and pearls draped over Cinderella Castle, I don't think we'll be seeing the dream lights again this year.

With all this said, I have no doubt whatever they will announce will be amazing at each park and the resorts. We probably can expect the usual amazing decor with awesome flairs of the 50th theming. I know we can't wait!
WDW: 1998, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
Most recent trip: Feb 2020 Contemporary & Coronado Springs Resort
Next trip: Dec 2021 - Bay Lake Tower
Poppy
Gold Hopper
Gold Hopper

Postby Poppy » Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:38 pm

I agree, Christmas is definitely my favorite time of year to visit the parks and stroll around the hotels - I'm a sucker for elaborate Christmas decorations - can't wait to see how everything is presented and what surprises await :D
Former DLand CM loving life - worked Outdoor Vending & Tomorrowland Attractions (Peoplemover, Submarine Voyage, Mission to Mars, Star Tours) :)
Meridasmom
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Meridasmom » Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:52 pm

I love Christmas at MK. I'm hoping to maybe take my mom next year. My parents are a professional Santa and Mrs Claus, so taking my dad during "the season" is out of the question, but my mom desperately wants to see all the decorations. It's hard for her to get away after Halloween because she manages the business and has jobs with him. Since we're going for Halloween this year, we've had to tell my dad he's not allowed to wear any red, or do his hair, or his glitter or anything of the sort. We're trying to de-santa him as much as possible.

aka Christie Munn
Coastal SC
WDW 1980,2005, 2006,2008
2016, 2018, Tokyo 2019, 2021
Favorites: AK, MK, HS, Epcot
Dole whip
Aladdin, Lilo & Stitch, Brave
jbletheby
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby jbletheby » Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:08 pm

Meridasmom wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:52 pm I love Christmas at MK. I'm hoping to maybe take my mom next year. My parents are a professional Santa and Mrs Claus, so taking my dad during "the season" is out of the question, but my mom desperately wants to see all the decorations. It's hard for her to get away after Halloween because she manages the business and has jobs with him. Since we're going for Halloween this year, we've had to tell my dad he's not allowed to wear any red, or do his hair, or his glitter or anything of the sort. We're trying to de-santa him as much as possible.

that is awesome, hope you get there.

Let your dad look like Santa. :)
If you can dream it you can do it - Walt
Emmy B
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby Emmy B » Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:17 am

I know the Christmas season has barely begun, but does anyone know when the Christmas decorations usually come down by? We are thinking of planning a trip for early or mid January, and were wondering if we would still catch any of the Christmas decor.
reaganbetter
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby reaganbetter » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:34 pm

There is high demand for tickets for Disney "VERY MERRIST CHRISTMAS PARTY" December 21-25th. All are SOLDOUT.
The MEGA Christmas AFter Hours event has openings now for $229 and up.
People are live streaming the event. A review was posted from the first night.
MAJOR FIREWORKS. Free candy, free cookies, soda, popcorn. It's a better BOO BASH than October 31, 2021.
Fake Snow. 3 parades. stages shows and DJ.