Art of Animation

All Star Hotels to the Grand Floridian, don't forget your refillable mug!
Dame Distopia
New Hopper
New Hopper

Art of Animation

Postby Dame Distopia » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:27 am

I just talked the Hubby into a 2 night/1 park day trip over Valentines Day weekend. Staying at AOA in a Little Mermaid room. Does anyone know if all those rooms have been renovated?
Bob Shalvoy
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Re: Art of Animation

Postby Bob Shalvoy » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:04 am

The Little Mermaid rooms were refurbished recently. I don't know if *all* of the room were refurbished, but one site I checked said that all of the rooms were refurbished. That might be something to discuss with Disney. The Lobby was also refurbished.

The last time I visited WDW, I stayed in a Little Mermaid Room and really enjoyed the theming of the area.

Here is an article on the changes that were made, if you hadn't seen photos of the changes. There are several other articles and videos on the refurbished rooms if you search the internet.

https://wdwnt.com/2020/11/photos-tour-d ... ney-world/
Dame Distopia
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby Dame Distopia » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:54 am

Bob Shalvoy wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:04 am The Little Mermaid rooms were refurbished recently. I don't know if *all* of the room were refurbished, but one site I checked said that all of the rooms were refurbished. That might be something to discuss with Disney. The Lobby was also refurbished.

The last time I visited WDW, I stayed in a Little Mermaid Room and really enjoyed the theming of the area.

Here is an article on the changes that were made, if you hadn't seen photos of the changes. There are several other articles and videos on the refurbished rooms if you search the internet.

https://wdwnt.com/2020/11/photos-tour-d ... ney-world/
Thanks so much, Bob! Appreciate you!!! 🎉🎊
ann170
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby ann170 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:33 pm

We stayed in the Little Mermaid section a few years ago. Be prepared for a long walk to the main building and buses. We had no complaints about anything else, just that it was the longest walk we've ever had at a resort.
Thena Mazing
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby Thena Mazing » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:56 pm

I stayed in a Little Mermaid room in January 2020, just before the refurb. I'm very comfortable with walking, but that long walk back to my room after a day at the parks was more exhausting than I expected. But I loved the theming, and I was even able to see the Hollywood Studios fireworks. The food court there is one of my favorites, and even when I stay at Pop, I will walk over to Art to eat there.
WisconsinDisneyDad
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby WisconsinDisneyDad » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:35 am

Just got home from AoA. We stayed in a Lion King suite, which was great. Very nicely refurbed, tons of space. Only gripe is the fridge did not have a little freezer section. We had watched a vlog showing a mini fridge with the freezer section in a Lion King suite, and banked on it, buttttttt that wasn't the case. Just a warning to others, but we had a blast and loved AoA
Feb 2020 - off prop
Sept 2020 - Pop
Nov 2020 - off prop
March 2021 - CBR
Sept 2021 - AoA
APs since Sept 2021
Dec 2021 - CBR
Jan 2022 - Port Orleans Riverside / CBR / Poly
Jan 2022 - runDisney 5K