skyliner resorts or disney spring resorts

All Star Hotels to the Grand Floridian, don't forget your refillable mug!
jbletheby
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

skyliner resorts or disney spring resorts

Postby jbletheby » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:10 pm

my ultimate resort wants are the ones that i could boat back and forth from Disney Springs! With the skyliner I must admit it is nice to just hop on the skyliner to 2 of the parks with complete easse. What is your preference Skyliner resorts or Disney spring resorts?
If you can dream it you can do it - Walt
KK0213
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Re: skyliner resorts or disney spring resorts

Postby KK0213 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:38 pm

Right now I'd have to say the resort with the boat to Disney Springs. If they increase the skyliner, I will have to rethink this.
Have a great big beautiful tomorrow!!
jbletheby
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby jbletheby » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:56 pm

KK0213 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:38 pm Right now I'd have to say the resort with the boat to Disney Springs. If they increase the skyliner, I will have to rethink this.
yeah i still like being able to chill at DS with a simple boat ride
jm1670
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby jm1670 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:54 pm

Not an easy question. The skyliner is the best thing Disney has done in a while. However that's when it's working which can be described as erratic at best. If you stay at a skyliner resort the easy to and from the parks is wondrous. However over the course of a stay it will likely be down and leave you with no options. Every vacation that I've stayed since Jan 2020 there has been at least one day where I simply couldn't get to or from the park at all.

The problem is with the way they have managed the skyliner. It is a great addition to the exiting transportation methods. However Disney isn't using it in addition to the existing but as a replacement for the existing. The skyliner fails miserably in this situation. It is no where near stable enough for that. If there is maintenance or even bad whether the skyliner won't run and on short notice that will leave you with zero options. I mean absolutely zero. Like I said I've hit this situation on every trip so it's not uncommon. They don't run buses at all to skyliner resorts and if bad weather occurs they are not prepared to shift resources to replace the down skyliner.

This week they decided to take down the Hollywood Studio line. No pre-annoncement or anything just took it down for the day. We didn't find out until 7:30 when we showed up at the skyliner terminal. We were told there would be buses instead. Went to the bus stop. 20 minutes no bus. 40 minutes no bus. 1 hour and a half no bus. The first buses didn't show up until 9:40. 1 hour and 40 minutes after park open. By then there were about 5 bus loads of people in line. So every one was pissed because they missed their Rise board group windows.

So keep that in mind when making this decision. During your stay the skyliner will go down for at least part of your stay and there may be few if any backup methods.
seekingmagic83
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby seekingmagic83 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:43 pm

I think Skyliner Resorts because they make it so easy to get to and from parks and have a great view!
It's kind of fun to do the impossible. -Walt Disney
CrinP
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby CrinP » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:39 am

We usually stay at one of the Port Orleans resorts ad it’s so easy to get to the Springs but we’re going to try AOA next time, we love the look of the theming and I think the other half is more excited about using the Skyliner than anything else :lol:
jbletheby
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby jbletheby » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:38 pm

CrinP wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:39 am We usually stay at one of the Port Orleans resorts ad it’s so easy to get to the Springs but we’re going to try AOA next time, we love the look of the theming and I think the other half is more excited about using the Skyliner than anything else :lol:
love port orleans, currently my favorite stay
jm1670
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby jm1670 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:56 am

CrinP wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:39 am We usually stay at one of the Port Orleans resorts ad it’s so easy to get to the Springs but we’re going to try AOA next time, we love the look of the theming and I think the other half is more excited about using the Skyliner than anything else :lol:
Port Orleans is my favorite. Can't wait until they open it back up.
ThatCrazyGuy
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby ThatCrazyGuy » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:22 pm

Its got to be the Skyliner resorts for me. Having direct access to 2 parks (3 when the Epcot monorail reopens) seals the deal. I have seen the Disney Springs boats from Port Orleans and they are very nice depending on which boat you happen to board. Some of the them are slow as molasses - which is nice if you like to enjoy the ride - while others are like speed boats that will get you to and back in just a couple of minutes. If your a big Disney Springs goer in the evenings after the parks then this is of course the pick for you. Hopefully it wont be be too many years before Disney has Doppelmayr build a new Skyliner line from the hub to the Springs.
"To all who come to this happy forum...Welcome!"