WDW Today Channel Simulator or Disney+ Channel

All Star Hotels to the Grand Floridian, don't forget your refillable mug!
Zachary22
New Hopper
New Hopper

WDW Today Channel Simulator or Disney+ Channel

Postby Zachary22 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:31 pm

Hello!

This is my first post here but I was wondering what everyone's thoughts on this are. So I love watching the WDW today channel whenever I'm in a resort hotel or when I'm at home I pull it up on YouTube and watch it there. It's always such a magical experience for me and I know some Disney fans share my same sentiment. But what I wanted to talk about was a couple of things. I know there's already a somewhat usable live version of the WDW today channel from the creators of Sorcer Radio. I like it and all, but it's only still images and the switch between parks and other information really breaks the experience for me (I mean that I don't get to see the animations of the clouds moving, the birds flying in the background, an just all the other small little animation details). I would really like to see the Sorcer Radio creators (or some people on here too as a ResortTV1 project) try and create a live version of the WDW channel WITH the animations. I don't have any coding or animation experience but I would love it if someone did or I could also take the time to learn it on my own, but I feel like it would be more fun with lots of people involved. The other idea that I had was that Disney could offer it as some sort of live channel on Disney+ as a free feature or even as a pay once (kinda like premier access but a lot less expensive). If they choose to do a paid version I would say you could get all access for like $6.99 to $8.99. The only reason why I bring the option that they might do it on Disney+ is because of what they've added recently onto it, such as the Disney parks sunrise series, or Dory's reef cam, or the Yuletide fire. I would really hope Disney considers this as well, maybe making a Disney resort live channel where they could scroll through WDW today, 10 things to do at Disney with Stacy, and the other resort program channel. These are all just thoughts of mine but let me know what y'all think! Thank you!
Wishing I was at Disney right now,

Zach
purplefrogs
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Re: WDW Today Channel Simulator or Disney+ Channel

Postby purplefrogs » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:16 am

Have you watched the resort tv1 versions of WDW Today? When I'm not listening to sr sounds, I'll pull up the rtv1 version on YouTube. It's my favorite one that I've found and definitely puts me in my resort room, happy & relaxed.
It would be awesome if D+ did something with a park like experience from home which I guess is what they were attempting to do with the sunrise programming.
Zachary22
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby Zachary22 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:24 am

purplefrogs wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:16 am Have you watched the resort tv1 versions of WDW Today? When I'm not listening to sr sounds, I'll pull up the rtv1 version on YouTube. It's my favorite one that I've found and definitely puts me in my resort room, happy & relaxed.
It would be awesome if D+ did something with a park like experience from home which I guess is what they were attempting to do with the sunrise programming.
I loveeeee watching those when I'm not listening to SR sounds, I just really wish there was a high-quality live version
Wishing I was at Disney right now,

Zach
Beaker & Honeydew
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Re: WDW Today Channel Simulator or Disney+ Channel (Same Post on Resort Hotels Board as well)

Postby Beaker & Honeydew » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:56 pm

Those are interesting thoughts. I like them!
Brent
Beaker & Honeydew
silly.ol.ryan
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby silly.ol.ryan » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:38 pm

Beaker and Honeydew, I am curious what equipment you used to record the channel for the ResortTV1 youtube page?

https://youtu.be/4fT76KMoeU0 "A huge thank you to Beaker and Honeydew for recording this for us!!"
And the nomination for the Nobel Peace Prize goes too...

Meridasmom
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Meridasmom » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:57 pm

purplefrogs wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:16 am Have you watched the resort tv1 versions of WDW Today? When I'm not listening to sr sounds, I'll pull up the rtv1 version on YouTube. It's my favorite one that I've found and definitely puts me in my resort room, happy & relaxed.
After seeing the CM's doing Yoga in front of the castle- ummm yes please? D+ could record live yoga sessions we could follow along with at home. They could do in front of the castle, the tree at AK, the theater at HS and by the spere at Epcot.
I've watched the sunrise series and I've watched the Zen series too which I think is really neat.
aka Christie Munn
Coastal SC
WDW 1980,2005, 2006,2008
2016, 2018, Tokyo 2019, 2021
Favorites: AK, MK, HS, Epcot
Dole whip
Aladdin, Lilo & Stitch, Brave
jbletheby
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby jbletheby » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:10 pm

Zachary22 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:31 pm Hello!

This is my first post here but I was wondering what everyone's thoughts on this are. So I love watching the WDW today channel whenever I'm in a resort hotel or when I'm at home I pull it up on YouTube and watch it there. It's always such a magical experience for me and I know some Disney fans share my same sentiment. But what I wanted to talk about was a couple of things. I know there's already a somewhat usable live version of the WDW today channel from the creators of Sorcer Radio. I like it and all, but it's only still images and the switch between parks and other information really breaks the experience for me (I mean that I don't get to see the animations of the clouds moving, the birds flying in the background, an just all the other small little animation details). I would really like to see the Sorcer Radio creators (or some people on here too as a ResortTV1 project) try and create a live version of the WDW channel WITH the animations. I don't have any coding or animation experience but I would love it if someone did or I could also take the time to learn it on my own, but I feel like it would be more fun with lots of people involved. The other idea that I had was that Disney could offer it as some sort of live channel on Disney+ as a free feature or even as a pay once (kinda like premier access but a lot less expensive). If they choose to do a paid version I would say you could get all access for like $6.99 to $8.99. The only reason why I bring the option that they might do it on Disney+ is because of what they've added recently onto it, such as the Disney parks sunrise series, or Dory's reef cam, or the Yuletide fire. I would really hope Disney considers this as well, maybe making a Disney resort live channel where they could scroll through WDW today, 10 things to do at Disney with Stacy, and the other resort program channel. These are all just thoughts of mine but let me know what y'all think! Thank you!
Love what Resort tv1 has done for this, but i think it would be brilliant for disney+ to have a live feed!
If you can dream it you can do it - Walt