Any chance of reopening the other resorts soon?

All Star Hotels to the Grand Floridian, don't forget your refillable mug!
jm1670
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Any chance of reopening the other resorts soon?

Postby jm1670 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:17 pm

I am planning my fall and winter trips to WDW and I am noticing that it's really hard to book a room for after September. Almost impossible for less than $400 per night. All Star resorts, Pop are almost completely booked. I found a couple weeks in there that Pop is open but at over $225 per night and I'm not paying $200 for a room at Pop. It seems that it's really time for them to start opening the remaining resorts to me.
Meridasmom
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Re: Any chance of reopening the other resorts soon?

Postby Meridasmom » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:55 am

jm1670 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:17 pm I am planning my fall and winter trips to WDW and I am noticing that it's really hard to book a room for after September. Almost impossible for less than $400 per night. All Star resorts, Pop are almost completely booked. I found a couple weeks in there that Pop is open but at over $225 per night and I'm not paying $200 for a room at Pop. It seems that it's really time for them to start opening the remaining resorts to me.
All Stars haven't reopened yet. Only Pop and AoA. We booked back in Oct when booking first reopened for Pop. I called again this morning (I call every week) to see if any additional military rates had been released and was told no, only for AKL. The CM said the Pop was pretty much fully booked for Oct, and because the All Stars hadn't reopened yet, she just suggested checking back every so often. High demand due to the 50th. Also, I read that heavy discounts may not come back for a while because there's no incentive for Disney to offer them. Basically the demand is high right now, whereas say in 2019 they needed to sell rooms so they offered discounts to get people in. I have a feeling that once the All Stars open up, those rooms are going to go fast.
aka Christie Munn
Coastal SC
WDW 1980,2005, 2006,2008
2016, 2018, Tokyo 2019, 2021
Favorites: AK, MK, HS, Epcot
Dole whip
Aladdin, Lilo & Stitch, Brave
AlexisW
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby AlexisW » Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:05 pm

Reopening dates for a few more resorts have been announced: https://blogmickey.com/2021/07/port-orl ... announced/

All-Star Music: September 16
Port Orleans Riverside: October 14
Port Orleans French Quarter: October 28
All-Star Sports: December 9

This is in addition to previous announcements; Poly reopens week after next (July 19) and Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo House; Kidani's already open) reopens August 26.

If I'm doing my math right, I think these are the last four that still didn't have reopening dates, so they should be back to having everything open in time for the holidays.

I wouldn't rule out discounts, either; there are some decent discounts available now for summer/early fall, so it stands to reason that they'll be discounting some later on too (especially for the off-season; I wouldn't count on discounts around Thanksgiving or Christmas).
AnimalKingdomFan79
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby AnimalKingdomFan79 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:17 am

jm1670 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:17 pm I am planning my fall and winter trips to WDW and I am noticing that it's really hard to book a room for after September. Almost impossible for less than $400 per night. All Star resorts, Pop are almost completely booked. I found a couple weeks in there that Pop is open but at over $225 per night and I'm not paying $200 for a room at Pop. It seems that it's really time for them to start opening the remaining resorts to me.
I would try to get a quote from a travel agency maybe there are some hidden discounts or something else they can check on for you. I was going to come down this month but noticed everything is expensive/booked up. I'm just realizing that I will have to stay offsite which isn't completely ideal.