Closing Disney Stores?

For all your Mickey Ears, Wishables, Spirit Jerseys, and more!
amc.canada
New Hopper
New Hopper

Closing Disney Stores?

Postby amc.canada » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:26 am

I read awhile ago that all Disney stores are scheduled to close. I was wondering, does this include the ones at Orlando airport as well?
Being in Canada, the shop disney site is not usually ''friendly'' to us, and does not ship some items. And if so, shipping is enormous, and you may get hit with customs fees.
Which makes getting the things we love to get, a little rough going, to say the least.
Sure wish they would take that into account when all the stores close.
It's a lot more fun IN the store than sitting at the computer looking at stuff. I feel there is not much ''magic'' to that, imho.
Perhaps they could adjust something, anything, for all us Canadian Disney fans, there are a lot of us!
Our own Canadian website maybe?
Someone please talk to Mickey about this, haha. :D
DLandChris
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Re: Closing Disney Stores?

Postby DLandChris » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:08 am

Those won’t close because I believe they are not actually Disney Stores. The stores at the Orlando airport are run by parks and resorts, not by the Disney Store branch of the Disney company.
Meridasmom
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Re: Closing Disney Stores?

Postby Meridasmom » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:07 pm

We have a Disney outlet near where I live, and I'm really hoping they don't close it. It's the only place I can get good discounted merchandise from the parks. For instance, roughly 6 months ago, I bought 2 of the light up Halloween necklaces they sell in the park for $3.99 each (probably $10-20 in the park) and I bought a super cute shirt that halloween snacks on it for $7 (regular 39.00). Plus they will have costumes on good sales as well. We go in October so it was perfect to stock up.
aka Christie Munn
Coastal SC
WDW 1980,2005, 2006,2008
2016, 2018, Tokyo 2019, 2021
Favorites: AK, MK, HS, Epcot
Dole whip
Aladdin, Lilo & Stitch, Brave