What do you pack for Disney World?

Looking to maximize your time and a theme park? Go here for those special tips or to share those time-saving tricks!
T music
Gold Hopper
Gold Hopper

Re: What do you pack for Disney World?

Postby T music » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:24 pm

another one I thought of this morning if you don't like washing hands with bar soap
bring liquid hand soap when we went to universal a couple of months ago all they have is bar soap in the rooms to wash hands.
n7vulcan
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby n7vulcan » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:00 pm

I never go without:
~Hand sanitizer (even before COVID)
~Poncho--I like reusable ones, but that's just me. They tend to be a higher quality, and I like to reduce my waste as much as I can. There are some great & VERY compact reusable ones out there on the market, and they dry very quickly. The one I have has a bag that it folds into, which keeps my other items dry once it has rained & I don't need it anymore, and I also double it up in a zip baggy if I do have to use it--which in Orlando with those quick rainstorms is more often than in the parks I attend back home.
~Zip baggies--these are VERY handy for water rides & rainy surprises. I actually have a stash that just stays with my park stuff for any & all parks to ensure I always have them handy, and they do not get forgotten
~Sunhat(s)--I come from an area where we have literally an average of 30 sunny days/year, so my body appreciates the extra shade when in sunny Orlando. I try to find one that is very flexible & can easily compact into my waistpack
~Waistpack--I personally hate carrying a backpack all day, so I try to compact ALL park items needed into my Waistpack. This really isn't that hard (though I'm sure it is much trickier with kiddos, which I do not have), you just have to organize & plan out exactly what you truly NEED to have with you all day. I find there really isn't that much that I must ABSOLUTELY have during my day at the parks, and what I like to have is either collapsible or quite small.
~Collapsible cup--great for water & anything else I might need, and folds into that waistpack (as mentioned above)
~Watch--I find when I don't want to have to whip my phone out to keep an eye on the time that a watch is VERY handy to have--I also am the type who keeps a good mental schedule of the times I need to be places, etc., so I don't necessarily need to pull out my phone to remember times for fastpasses, etc, just need to know what time it actually is.
~Reusable Silverware--trust me it has come in handy
~Lens Repair Kit--I have had things happen to my glasses in the past, and had no where to turn--trust me, tape does not hold well in Floridian humidity, I find. It was just once, but once is enough.
~Multiple pairs of shoes--Traditionally, I only ever travel with one pair of shoes. For Disney--I often take three.
~A smile on my face--always there in WDW :D
Niknak88
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Niknak88 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:50 am

Bcuinohio wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:52 pm I like to pack a small hard sided cooler in my suitcase when flying. I put in items I don't want squished in there like toothpaste, shampoo, etc. When we get there, I have a cooler to keep drinks cold by the pool. For the trip home, I have a place to put any items I picked up that I don't want squished.
What a nifty idea!! I think I’m gonna try that too. Thanks!
Have Courage, and Be Kind!
-Hi, I’m Nikki! (Nikki in the Chat)
-Tomorrowland Lover
-Stitch is my Favorite
-Disney is life!!

kclark0637
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby kclark0637 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:36 pm

Great refreshers as we prep for our trip in a few months!
jbletheby
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby jbletheby » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:08 am

ponchos I dont do umbrellas. waterproof bags
If you can dream it you can do it - Walt
Just Theo
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Just Theo » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:26 pm

Bananas.
“Welcome to Costco, I love you”
SeaBaseAlpha86
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby SeaBaseAlpha86 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:24 pm

My backpack always has my personal fan, a pair of Crocs sandals (for when it rains, to avoid wet socks and shoes - Adam Hattan tip), my UV umbrella, water, blister pads, bandaids, extra masks (these days), cooling towel, my phone, wristlet for my wallet and things, earplugs, and Tylenol
WDW Pilgrim Since 1978
ladyjubilee
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby ladyjubilee » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:43 pm

We have the stroller. We take:

Medications
Each of us has a mini first aid kit.
Cellphone
noise canceling head phones for kiddo (ASD)
Blanket for kiddo
Pashmina light and great for sitting on or creating a carry all
Ponchos
Parasol
Sanitizers
Sunscreen
Hats
Toys/fidgety
1 change of clothes for kiddo
Tissues & wipes
Cooling cloths
Cooling fans
Drink cups with attached straws
Ziploc baggies

Our stroller set up has drink cups for the rider and 3 walkers trash bin and plenty of extra storage as well a clip for the parasol.

In backpacker we just carry the meds, mini first aid kit, id cash and cell phones
arianarian
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby arianarian » Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:38 pm

extra pair of shoes if it’s going to rain