Best backpacks

Looking to maximize your time and a theme park? Go here for those special tips or to share those time-saving tricks!
T music
Gold Hopper
Gold Hopper

Best backpacks

Postby T music » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:23 am

Show me your favorite backpack that you use for the parks. We have string backpacks that we always use and amusement parks but those didn't work out too well all day at universal. They start to dig into your skin after so many hours
Beaker & Honeydew
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Re: Best backpacks

Postby Beaker & Honeydew » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:32 am

The smaller, the better. You have to stick your backpack with you on the rides so you don't want a huge backpack stuffed. Make sure its big enough to carry the essentials you need in parks. We each carried a mid-size and having them waterproof is a plus!
Brent
Beaker & Honeydew
CH-GenX
Platinum Hopper
Platinum Hopper

Postby CH-GenX » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:50 am

I understand the necessity of packs in the parks-especially if your little ones are still little; however, since our kiddos are now older we have found that being a backpack minimalist is the way to go.

If we use one it's something like this https://www.amazon.com/Nicgid-Sling-Sho ... 14&sr=8-24

Old School Signature
seekingmagic83
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby seekingmagic83 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:58 am

I always look for wide, soft straps, a wider but thin backpack, and something made of light-weight material. I have a Minnie Satin Backpack I got at the D-Land a few years back and it works well!
It's kind of fun to do the impossible. -Walt Disney
ChrisC
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby ChrisC » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:00 pm

I like the Under Armour Storm Hustle II. Not too bulky but with plenty of pockets and pouches for packing a plethora of odds and ends. Phew, so much alliteration. Side pockets for water bottles (or umbrella, too). I’ve been on multiple Disney trips and it’s treated me well.

https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/p/bac ... 63964.html

Not yet Disney tested, but the backpack we use as our daughter’s diaper bag is this...also good pockets, but with mermaids.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0864RJSM8/re ... UTF8&psc=1

Cranium Commando Chris in the chat
nittanylions
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby nittanylions » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:32 pm

ChrisC wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:00 pm I like the Under Armour Storm Hustle II. Not too bulky but with plenty of pockets and pouches for packing a plethora of odds and ends. Phew, so much alliteration. Side pockets for water bottles (or umbrella, too). I’ve been on multiple Disney trips and it’s treated me well.

https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/p/bac ... 63964.html

Not yet Disney tested, but the backpack we use as our daughter’s diaper bag is this...also good pockets, but with mermaids.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0864RJSM8/re ... UTF8&psc=1
I’ve used a Jansport that’s similar in size to the Under Armour, as well as a large Adidas drawstring bag. I’ve never had a problem with either of them on rides. I carry a fair amount of stuff like an umbrella, poncho, extra clothing, water, snacks, external charger, Tylenol and lunch. Carrying that stuff doesn’t bother me. I’m at the parks from rope drop to close.
Just Theo
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Just Theo » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:36 am

T music wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:23 am Show me your favorite backpack that you use for the parks. We have string backpacks that we always use and amusement parks but those didn't work out too well all day at universal. They start to dig into your skin after so many hours
Here’s what I use. I got it for being a “silver castaway club” member on the Disney Cruise. I like it because it’s small, and the single “sash style” strap allows me to just swing it around when I want to get something out without having to take it off. Fits extra masks, my umbrella, sunglasses case, extra magic bands, extra phone battery, hand sanitizer, with some room to spare, and Chip and Dale along for the ride of course.
Attachments
7722CC61-6AD9-4757-8F87-0215EE0E9780.jpeg
7722CC61-6AD9-4757-8F87-0215EE0E9780.jpeg (156.84 KiB) Viewed 10600 times
“Welcome to Costco, I love you”
T music
Gold Hopper
Gold Hopper

Postby T music » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:48 am

Just Theo wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:36 am
T music wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:23 am Show me your favorite backpack that you use for the parks. We have string backpacks that we always use and amusement parks but those didn't work out too well all day at universal. They start to dig into your skin after so many hours
Here’s what I use. I got it for being a “silver castaway club” member on the Disney Cruise. I like it because it’s small, and the single “sash style” strap allows me to just swing it around when I want to get something out without having to take it off. Fits extra masks, my umbrella, sunglasses case, extra magic bands, extra phone battery, hand sanitizer, with some room to spare, and Chip and Dale along for the ride of course.
Nice I'm leaning towards that type so like you said you don't have to take it off you can just swing it around !
SeaBaseAlpha86
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby SeaBaseAlpha86 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:20 pm

I have an anti-theft one that I carry that's small. I actually use it quite often at home.
WDW Pilgrim Since 1978
jm1670
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby jm1670 » Sat May 29, 2021 5:14 pm

I have a Swiss Gear pack pack that's really idea. It's actually designed to be an over night suit case back pack. Really small. Smaller than your typical backpack but designed to act like a suit case. You can unzip it in the middle and it opens up like a suit case will. Perfect for storing ponchos or rain gear. Also has a ton of compartments for extra magic bands(I always seem to lose one), masks, umbrellas, and extra snacks and drinks. I got mine at Target a couple of years ago and it's the perfect all day Disney kit. I would highly recommend dropping by Target to see if they still have one. It was located in the backpack isle but was labeled as an overnight stay bag. Because of it's smaller size it's very easy to take onto rides.
Wayfinder
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Wayfinder » Sun May 30, 2021 5:13 am

jm1670 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:14 pm I have a Swiss Gear pack pack that's really idea. It's actually designed to be an over night suit case back pack. Really small. Smaller than your typical backpack but designed to act like a suit case. You can unzip it in the middle and it opens up like a suit case will. Perfect for storing ponchos or rain gear. Also has a ton of compartments for extra magic bands(I always seem to lose one), masks, umbrellas, and extra snacks and drinks. I got mine at Target a couple of years ago and it's the perfect all day Disney kit. I would highly recommend dropping by Target to see if they still have one. It was located in the backpack isle but was labeled as an overnight stay bag. Because of it's smaller size it's very easy to take onto rides.
Totally agree that Swiss Gear was a great backpack. But it was a pain when going through security and they checked EVERY zipper/compartment. I think they've done away with that now?

Here is the one I used last. I got it for free from ordering supplies through ULINE: https://www.amazon.com/Uline-Daypack-Ba ... B07L5TBDZB
It was the perfect size for 3 people and was lightweight.
Wayfinder AKA Trent
Last WDW Visit: 2/11/21
jm1670
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby jm1670 » Sun May 30, 2021 12:49 pm

Here is the exact backpack I use. Although I didn't pay $66 so I would search around on the price.

https://www.amazon.com/SwissGear-355542 ... 22&sr=8-14
ladyjubilee
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby ladyjubilee » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:29 pm

I have used https://eastsport.com/products/eastspor ... 2427885666 for years as my Amusement park and concert bag. Easy to wear, light, and makes security a breeze. I leave my park essentials in it and just grab and go.