What do you pack for Disney World?

Looking to maximize your time and a theme park? Go here for those special tips or to share those time-saving tricks!
Dee T
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

What do you pack for Disney World?

Postby Dee T » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:00 pm

What things do you use at Disney resorts and parks that you don’t use other places?
Disney Camper
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Re: What do you pack for Disney World?

Postby Disney Camper » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:19 pm

In our park bags we keep an extra pair of shoes if it’s going to rain. Extra power sticks to charge our devices, a poncho, several water bottles and snacks.
AlexisW
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby AlexisW » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:35 pm

I have a small messenger bag that I've started using as my park bag; used to bring a backpack, but that gets really hot really fast on a hot day.

Don't carry a ton in it; umbrella, extra sunscreen, kleenexes, hand sanitizer, portable battery pack for my phone. I don't generally carry a water bottle, since you can get a cup of water for free from any food stand with a soda fountain (maybe that should be a separate tip thread; it's not super-well known).
heidivander
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby heidivander » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:14 pm

During COVID times, it's also a good idea to bring extra masks!
Bcuinohio
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby Bcuinohio » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:52 pm

I like to pack a small hard sided cooler in my suitcase when flying. I put in items I don't want squished in there like toothpaste, shampoo, etc. When we get there, I have a cooler to keep drinks cold by the pool. For the trip home, I have a place to put any items I picked up that I don't want squished.
DVC Owner - VGF
Last trip June 2022, BLT Villa
Next trip summer 2023 - VGF Villa
Dee T
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby Dee T » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:41 am

Bcuinohio wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:52 pm I like to pack a small hard sided cooler in my suitcase when flying. I put in items I don't want squished in there like toothpaste, shampoo, etc. When we get there, I have a cooler to keep drinks cold by the pool. For the trip home, I have a place to put any items I picked up that I don't want squished.
I’ve never heard of this before. I think I will try it.
Pixiedustmama
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby Pixiedustmama » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:49 am

We don't take much into the parks anymore. Our kids are both bigger (7&10) so no stroller. We are also rope drop to kiss goodnight types so we don't want to carry much all day. On our trip in december i carried a Kovu. It had extra phone chargers, sunglasses, wallet. By the end of the trip it had amassed some park maps and napkins. During the day i would add hats or things my kids had bought. Mostly it was pretty empty. We did carry one other backpack for jackets because it was cold. That one didn't weigh much either. We have found that we can pack a bunch of extra supplies, but we never use them.

I'm a pretty tight packer. We have 4 poeple and took 2 small suitcases and 2 large suitcases. None weighed over 30 pounds. I highly recommend packing cubes. Those have really improved how much i can fit in a suitcase.
Claire
wife - mom of 2 Boys - foodie
Bcuinohio
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby Bcuinohio » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:00 am

Dee T wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:41 am
Bcuinohio wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:52 pm I like to pack a small hard sided cooler in my suitcase when flying. I put in items I don't want squished in there like toothpaste, shampoo, etc. When we get there, I have a cooler to keep drinks cold by the pool. For the trip home, I have a place to put any items I picked up that I don't want squished.
I’ve never heard of this before. I think I will try it.
I have a suitcase that zips on the top. Our other suitcases close in the middle with a liner/strap on each side. It would probably not work too well with those. The cooler holds 6 bottles of water. The lid can also be fastened down with the handle. I also pack travel size bottles in there so I don’t have to bring them back.
DVC Owner - VGF
Last trip June 2022, BLT Villa
Next trip summer 2023 - VGF Villa
Lovedisney20
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Lovedisney20 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:11 am

Extra shoes and a poncho for each park day (per person)! If I have extra, I just hang on to them for the next trip the following year. Walmart sells 99 cent ponchos!
Morgan
DCP Alum
“Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever.” - Walt Disney
Lovedisney20
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Lovedisney20 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:12 am

That is so smart! I think I'll do that this year on our trip. Thanks for the tip!
Morgan
DCP Alum
“Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever.” - Walt Disney
kpanczer@gmail.com
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby kpanczer@gmail.com » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:17 am

I pack Ziploc bags to be able to carry things on water rides.
I also order Water and 6 packs of soda from Instacart to be delivered to my resort but we also bring a Camelback to have water. We fill it from the ice machines at resort and it stays cold all day.
I would bring your own hand sanitizer..I find the ones in the parks a bit sticky
Meliabella
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Meliabella » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:12 pm

When we visited in Feb 2020, I carried a small sports backpack. Inside I had disposable ponchos, sunscreen, baby wipes (for hands and faces), and Cliff bars, and then had a hand sanitizer hanging from my shoulder strap. It was super easy to get water at food stands but we also refilled our water bottles at Cosmic Ray's filling station as needed. It was around 90* during our visit and lines were long due to Feb vacation week.

This was all just before covid, so take it with a grain of salt.
Meliabella
AKA Melissa
Fav Disney Snack: Dole Whip
Fav Disney Ride: Pirates/Thunder
Dive Bar Casanova
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Dive Bar Casanova » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:32 pm

Meliabella wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:12 pm When we visited in Feb 2020, I carried a small sports backpack. Inside I had disposable ponchos, sunscreen, baby wipes (for hands and faces), and Cliff bars, and then had a hand sanitizer hanging from my shoulder strap. It was super easy to get water at food stands but we also refilled our water bottles at Cosmic Ray's filling station as needed. It was around 90* during our visit and lines were long due to Feb vacation week.

Ahhh yes the Ponchos.
We have the mini waters in the back pack with the indiv packed Advil's. Often a mom in line near us complaining of a headache and we oblige and share a Ibuprofen pack and a water.
randyf79
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby randyf79 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:04 pm

I have a bag that is like the one that Indiana Jones keeps with all the things we choose from to take to Disney.
We have the rain parkas (the ones that suddenly appear for sale when it rains in the parks) which we've had for 10 years.
Some light gloves for when it gets cool at night (we tend to go in January.)
My DVC hat.
Small, resealable plastic bags sized to hold all the cards you shouldn't have to carry into the parks...but still must (DVC Card, D23 Card, Disney Visa card, Key to the World Card, Disney Gift Cards, etc.)
A few clothes pins to hang wet things up in the bathroom
All our photo gear...:-)
"What if there was a place...a magical place...where anything was possible! Want to go?"
MDFang83
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby MDFang83 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:53 pm

Soap/shampoo/conditioner (I prefer using my own toiletries when I travel)
A couple of pairs of shoes
A pair of slacks and a shirt with a collar in case we’re going somewhere it is required
A travel pillow (I’m one of those people who has to have their own pillow)
First aid supplies
Eyeglass repair kit (that little screwdriver has come in handy)
Ziplock bags (excellent for getting through TSA and security and for storing phones on water rides)
SPF 50 sunscreen
Bug repellent
Umbrella
Waterproof windbreaker
Portable charger and USB charging cables
MDFang83
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby MDFang83 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:56 pm

kpanczer@gmail.com wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:17 am I pack Ziploc bags to be able to carry things on water rides.
I also order Water and 6 packs of soda from Instacart to be delivered to my resort but we also bring a Camelback to have water. We fill it from the ice machines at resort and it stays cold all day.
I would bring your own hand sanitizer..I find the ones in the parks a bit sticky
Ziploc bags are also good for getting through TSA and security while keeping your stuff organized.
Meliabella
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Meliabella » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:25 am

Dive Bar Casanova wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:32 pm
Meliabella wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:12 pm When we visited in Feb 2020, I carried a small sports backpack. Inside I had disposable ponchos, sunscreen, baby wipes (for hands and faces), and Cliff bars, and then had a hand sanitizer hanging from my shoulder strap. It was super easy to get water at food stands but we also refilled our water bottles at Cosmic Ray's filling station as needed. It was around 90* during our visit and lines were long due to Feb vacation week.

Ahhh yes the Ponchos.
We have the mini waters in the back pack with the indiv packed Advil's. Often a mom in line near us complaining of a headache and we oblige and share a Ibuprofen pack and a water.
oh right! I totally forgot about the advil and a couple of bandaids!
Meliabella
AKA Melissa
Fav Disney Snack: Dole Whip
Fav Disney Ride: Pirates/Thunder
Beaker & Honeydew
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Beaker & Honeydew » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:13 am

Since we don't go that often, the last two times we took a nearly empty suitcase and "checked" in on the airplane. This allowed us to buy some things at Disney World and then have room to bring them back. Also, while we were there for 6 days in a resort, we placed an order with Target to have couple of cases of water, some breakfast items, snacks and other items delivered to the resort which saved tons of money if we were to buy those items at the Park... plus it saved us from bringing it on airplane.
Brent
Beaker & Honeydew
T music
Gold Hopper
Gold Hopper

Postby T music » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:19 am

Dramamine for anyone that gets motions sick. wipes you may not always be able to wash your hands right away. a white sound machine or an app on your phone in case the hotel or resort is loud at night. If you have teens snacks snacks oh and did I say snacks they will be starving. Tissues your noise is going to run with that mask on all day.
Minnie72
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby Minnie72 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:38 am

To be honest we pack as little as possible when we’re coming... then it gives us a good excuse to ‘have to’ buy Disney merch as it’s essential 😁
Minnie72
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby Minnie72 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:41 am

Beaker & Honeydew wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:13 am Since we don't go that often, the last two times we took a nearly empty suitcase and "checked" in on the airplane. This allowed us to buy some things at Disney World and then have room to bring them back. Also, while we were there for 6 days in a resort, we placed an order with Target to have couple of cases of water, some breakfast items, snacks and other items delivered to the resort which saved tons of money if we were to buy those items at the Park... plus it saved us from bringing it on airplane.
Great idea... can people from the U.K. do that as we wouldn’t have an account. 🙄
Beaker & Honeydew
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Beaker & Honeydew » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:19 am

Minnie72 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:41 am
Beaker & Honeydew wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:13 am Since we don't go that often, the last two times we took a nearly empty suitcase and "checked" in on the airplane. This allowed us to buy some things at Disney World and then have room to bring them back. Also, while we were there for 6 days in a resort, we placed an order with Target to have couple of cases of water, some breakfast items, snacks and other items delivered to the resort which saved tons of money if we were to buy those items at the Park... plus it saved us from bringing it on airplane.
Great idea... can people from the U.K. do that as we wouldn’t have an account. 🙄
Yes you could as long as you have a credit card. You could just create an account when you arrived and use the app on your phone.
Brent
Beaker & Honeydew
Andrea1114
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Andrea1114 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:10 am

In my park bag, I usually bring 2 bottles of water, wallet, a poncho, sunscreen, sanitizer, an extra ziploc bag, backup masks, sanitizer, tissues, and wipes
Magic Kingdom - June 2021, Aug. 2020, June 2019, April 2014
Epcot - Jan. 2021, Nov. 2020, Aug. 2020, April 2019
Hollywood Studios - April 2021, April 2011
Animal Kingdom - April 2019

All Star Movies x2
Pop Century x3
All Star Sports x2
indygolf
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby indygolf » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:21 pm

One thing I wish I brought last time was a thing of biofreeze for my back during the day, and a heating pad for when I get back to my room. Walking around with a backpack all day made my back very tight and sore. If anyone is like me, and has a bad back, then it's a necessity. I also have a mini fan for the hotel room that I bring with me every time I travel somewhere
CH-GenX
Platinum Hopper
Platinum Hopper

Postby CH-GenX » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:43 am

baby wipes

Old School Signature