I recommend moving!

Thinking of an extended stay? Perhaps a permanent one? Get help with moving to Florida here!
Hopper01
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

I recommend moving!

Postby Hopper01 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:30 pm

Florida is great! Florida has amazing weather all year. Florida is a Beautiful state.
SerranoPE
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Re: I recommend moving!

Postby SerranoPE » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:39 pm

I agree with you!!! Would you talk to my wife for me? LOL.

Snowing and freezing right now in CT and I plan on purchasing a townhouse or condo once I retire to go as I please.
SerranoPE
OhanaMom51
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby OhanaMom51 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:50 pm

Florida is fun!! I live in Tampa and am planning on moving to the Orlando area within the next year to year and a half..can't wait..hoping to buy my first home there.❤
jbletheby
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby jbletheby » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:18 pm

Major Goal of mine!

If you can dream it you can do it - Walt
ChipnDaleLuver63
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby ChipnDaleLuver63 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:08 pm

My husband and I plan to sometime in late 2022 or early 2023.
Disney World-Magic Kingdom/HS/Universal-Mar. 2004 (First visit)
Disney Paris-Sept. 2004
Animal Kingdom/Epcot-Sept. 2013
MK/Universal-May 2015
MK/HS/AK-2017
MK/HS/Epcot-Sept/Oct 2020

MK/Epcot Mar. 2021
Chantelle
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby Chantelle » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:58 am

My husband and I keep discussing and thinking about moving to Orlando area. I have lived in Indiana my whole life in one small town. He is from Illinois and had the chance to move and live different places... where I haven't. I really want to move to Florida but there are still some hesitations. With my job I should be able to transfer easily. He would need to find a new job in FL. I know the Cost of Living is much higher in FL than it is where I'm from. It does make me nervous but it's something I keep wanting to do. I would miss my family who lives in Indiana, but I feel like I would benefit a lot from moving to central FL. Just something for me to continue to think about.
TimmsFiles
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby TimmsFiles » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:27 pm

Mrs and I want to move to Florida, but are British and living in the UK. Wish it was easier or a way to live in US

If anyone can suggest a way please let me know.
Zim
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby Zim » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:34 pm

SerranoPE wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:39 pm I agree with you!!! Would you talk to my wife for me? LOL.

Snowing and freezing right now in CT and I plan on purchasing a townhouse or condo once I retire to go as I please.
I'm with you! 11 years until I can retire, but I'm very very happily leaving CT, and it's insane taxes, far far behind. While I will actually miss the fall / winter months because christmas in shorts is just a strange thing for me, being able to visit disney all the time will make up for it ;)
SerranoPE
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby SerranoPE » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:17 pm

Zim wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:34 pm
SerranoPE wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:39 pm I agree with you!!! Would you talk to my wife for me? LOL.

I'm with you! 11 years until I can retire, but I'm very very happily leaving CT, and it's insane taxes, far far behind. While I will actually miss the fall / winter months because christmas in shorts is just a strange thing for me, being able to visit disney all the time will make up for it ;)
I have about 13 more years before I call it a day but yes, totally agree with the cost of living up here. Being able to go to Epcot for dinner is just a thought that I relish!!! Good luck to you!!!
SerranoPE
ragnarok
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby ragnarok » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:17 pm

My wife and I are waiting for the day we can move down there. Born and raised in Minnesota, never thinking we'd dislike the cold/snow, but the past few years we've really begun to hate it. We love Florida and all that is there to do! Our young kids beg us to go on a vacation back all the time...
ResortTV1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ResortTV1 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:31 pm

ragnarok wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:17 pm My wife and I are waiting for the day we can move down there. Born and raised in Minnesota, never thinking we'd dislike the cold/snow, but the past few years we've really begun to hate it. We love Florida and all that is there to do! Our young kids beg us to go on a vacation back all the time...
Totally understand! That's why we decided to move down here. We were tired of the cold, snow, and clouds! Now, I wouldn't mind seeing snow for a few days and then heading back down here. LOL. Winter would be great if it were only a week or two. :-)
ResortTV1 - Check us out on YouTube for Disney World Live Streams, Resort Tours, Ride Videos, & more! http://www.youtube.com/resorttv1
Diandra
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Diandra » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:43 pm

Oh gosh so super jelly of all of you guys in the US with the opportunity to move to a different state being Florida :cry:

My cousins live in Tampa, FL. I would give anything to move over lol. Okay that's a tad over the top however if I was given the chance, I would snap it up :D
Have a Magical Day!
ragnarok
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby ragnarok » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:00 pm

ResortTV1 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:31 pm Totally understand! That's why we decided to move down here. We were tired of the cold, snow, and clouds! Now, I wouldn't mind seeing snow for a few days and then heading back down here. LOL. Winter would be great if it were only a week or two. :-)
Verbatim what my wife and I have said to each other lol, cold/snow we would love for a few weeks max. 4-5 months out of the year mixed with the short days (darkness before 5pm is awful when you're stuck inside all day) is just not fun anymore; we are over it! Give us the heat, sunshine, Disney and beaches please. Bonus I know it rains down there plenty and I LOVE rainy/stormy days.
JennPirate72
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby JennPirate72 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:09 pm

Hi, how far is Tampa from Orlando? Thanks!
SonicImperium
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby SonicImperium » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:25 pm

JennPirate72 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:09 pm Hi, how far is Tampa from Orlando? Thanks!
About 80 to 100 miles (an hour and a half to two hours driving time) depending on exactly where you are.
JennPirate72
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby JennPirate72 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:46 am

Wow thank-you!
CH-GenX
Platinum Hopper
Platinum Hopper

Postby CH-GenX » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:56 am

It's all about having a job for us. My wife is a nurse so not a problem there; however, I"m an over qualified elementary school teacher (with a doctorate) so that's a little tricky.

Old School Signature
Brewbud
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Brewbud » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:41 pm

I am not so sure I can give up the San Diego weather for Orlando weather. The cost of living in SoCal is high though, so maybe that could persuade us.
GAN
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby GAN » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:57 pm

Brewbud wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:41 pm I am not so sure I can give up the San Diego weather for Orlando weather. The cost of living in SoCal is high though, so maybe that could persuade us.
I've lived in Central Florida, and been to SD many, many times. While I'd consider moving to Florida again -I would absolutely choose San Diego over Florida! I can retire in 4-years so I've been spending some time planning my options ...the only thing for sure is I hope I'm not still living full-time in the Northeast!
Just Theo
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Just Theo » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:01 pm

JennPirate72 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:09 pm Hi, how far is Tampa from Orlando? Thanks!
I live in Tampa right near the Airport, it takes me about 1 hour and 20 minutes to make the drive in normal traffic.
“Welcome to Costco, I love you”
CH-GenX
Platinum Hopper
Platinum Hopper

Postby CH-GenX » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:03 am

I love WDW but it's the last reason I want to move to FL.

-Weather
-Taxes
-Jobs

I just sent in the final documentation for my license. Now we'll see what opportunities present themeselves-

Old School Signature
CH-GenX
Platinum Hopper
Platinum Hopper

Postby CH-GenX » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:04 am

Brewbud wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:41 pm I am not so sure I can give up the San Diego weather for Orlando weather. The cost of living in SoCal is high though, so maybe that could persuade us.
I was at Camp Pendleton for 4 years. I know what you are saying-however, the cost of living out there is insane.

Old School Signature
T music
Gold Hopper
Gold Hopper

Postby T music » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:14 am

You can’t beat that San Diego weather but then again that’s what you’re paying for .
arianarian
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby arianarian » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:36 pm

Florida is most beautiful
Gilldog
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby Gilldog » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:12 am

Me and my sister are planning to move down to Orlando hopefully in the summer. She used to work at Disney through the college program so she knows what it's like to live down there. There is also more to do down there then there is in Massachusetts where I currently live I'm looking forward to moving down there.