Question about crowds

Thinking of a Disney park adventure? Get help planning your next trip to the house of mouse!
AdventuresByKendal
New Hopper
New Hopper

Question about crowds

Postby AdventuresByKendal » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:16 pm

Hi! I have a question about crowds at Magic Kingdom right now in January- If I got there first thing at park open (or if they let you in even a little earlier), how will the crowds be? Specifically for splash mountain on a weekend, I’m wondering if I can get to it first thing in the morning without having to go through crowds.
purplefrogs
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Re: Question about crowds

Postby purplefrogs » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:53 pm

Are you looking to avoid crowds or just in general what would your wait be for SM? Over the MLK weekend, we rode Splash 3 different times, never waiting more than 30 mins. If you get there prior to park opening, which they are "unofficially" opening about 45 mins early, there is the rope drop crowd. We were arriving about 8:45 and that early crowd had pretty much dissipated and we walked straight in. What people there were along Main Street thinned out at the hub since most were going straight to Fantasyland.
randyf79
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby randyf79 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:26 pm

We were there 10-14 Jan....crowds were sparse and most of the rides were walk-ons. Go have fun!
"What if there was a place...a magical place...where anything was possible! Want to go?"
AdventuresByKendal
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby AdventuresByKendal » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:01 am

Thank you both for the advice and tips! I appreciate it!
Harald
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Harald » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:41 pm

Hi, question: Any suggestion what is the less crowded month in the year?
purplefrogs
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby purplefrogs » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:26 pm

Harald wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:41 pm Hi, question: Any suggestion what is the less crowded month in the year?
Pre covid time was usually anytime after schools started back up. January/February on non holiday weekends, September after labor day. If you look at sites that track historical data and trends, there's some data that is showing that even months like June are starting to be less crowded than others but it's still high. Looking at data right now will even show you that the past few weeks have had low crowds so I imagine that will extend into Feb for a bit.
T music
Gold Hopper
Gold Hopper

Postby T music » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:29 am

How are the crowds generally in April ? Hearing that cheer teams are going to be there at that time I’m wondering if it will not be that bad or if I need to switch .
CH-GenX
Platinum Hopper
Platinum Hopper

Postby CH-GenX » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:21 am

AdventuresByKendal wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:16 pm Hi! I have a question about crowds at Magic Kingdom right now in January- If I got there first thing at park open (or if they let you in even a little earlier), how will the crowds be? Specifically for splash mountain on a weekend, I’m wondering if I can get to it first thing in the morning without having to go through crowds.
You can but generally SM won't be open before the posted park start time. You could knock out 7Ds, Peter Pan, Pirates, or any number of rides before splash mountain has their first riders. Also Jan/Feb. is a little colder so some folks don't want to get wet.

Old School Signature