Knott's Berry Farm

Every other theme park from Knott's Berry Farm to Sea World!
Alex Gray
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Knott's Berry Farm

Postby Alex Gray » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:29 pm

Hi everyone,

We visited Knott's Berry Farm from the UK in 2016 and loved it! Please use this topic to talk about the past, present and future of this great resort :D
DLandChris
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Re: Knott's Berry Farm

Postby DLandChris » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:43 pm

I'm a passholder for Knott's! It's such a wonderful park and thank you for starting a topic to give it some love.
If anyone has been to the "Taste of" events, which has been your favorite? Do you want them to keep doing "Taste of" events when the park reopens?
Alex Gray
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby Alex Gray » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:50 pm

Hi Chris, that's amazing! We actually got annual passes for Knott's as we were staying at the Knott's Berry Farm Hotel for 2 weeks :D It is a wonderful park and we love the rides and the history too. We haven't been to a Taste of event yet but loved Mrs Knott's Chicken Diner :D
JennPirate72
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby JennPirate72 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:24 pm

The one thing I remember about Knotts Berry Farm, is there any way you could get the jam with out going to the park? Thanks
DLandChris
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby DLandChris » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:17 pm

JennPirate72 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:24 pm The one thing I remember about Knotts Berry Farm, is there any way you could get the jam with out going to the park? Thanks
Currently there is! They have an online shop that ships. I don't know if it will stay around when the park reopens, though.
HTTP://marketplace.knotts.com
Dive Bar Casanova
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Dive Bar Casanova » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:28 pm

Evidently Knotts Berry Tales dark ride is returning.
Many of the original ride characters were built by Ed "Big Daddy" Roth.
Dive Bar Casanova
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Dive Bar Casanova » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:29 pm

DLandChris wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:17 pm
JennPirate72 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:24 pm The one thing I remember about Knotts Berry Farm, is there any way you could get the jam with out going to the park? Thanks
Currently there is! They have an online shop that ships. I don't know if it will stay around when the park reopens, though.
HTTP://marketplace.knotts.com
The store has always shipped and no doubt will continue.
Buford Snooter
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby Buford Snooter » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:14 pm

Charlie Brown!
Yippee ki-yay !
AviationPhotography
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AviationPhotography » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:09 am

We've had a nice time going to those food festivals (and streaming) at Knott's! Lots of good food choices (especially for Crystal who's Vegan). They did a great job with that during the pandemic closures, something we think Disneyland could have done.
Britt
WEST COAST CREW
bornagainmickey
Gold Hopper
Gold Hopper

Postby bornagainmickey » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:37 am

AviationPhotography wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:09 am We've had a nice time going to those food festivals (and streaming) at Knott's! Lots of good food choices (especially for Crystal who's Vegan). They did a great job with that during the pandemic closures, something we think Disneyland could have done.

I loved your Halloween vlogg from Knott's Berry farm...I even told my postman Don about how good it was when he delivered a parcel...and that he should watch it...I explained to him...and I hope I'm right...it was a first theme park...established before Disney?
DLandChris
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby DLandChris » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:55 am

bornagainmickey wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:37 am
I loved your Halloween vlogg from Knott's Berry farm...I even told my postman Don about how good it was when he delivered a parcel...and that he should watch it...I explained to him...and I hope I'm right...it was a first theme park...established before Disney?
Yes and no. It was established before Disneyland, but was somewhere between a tourist stop and an amusement park. There were rides to go on, but like 2-3 and it was mostly to entertain people while they waited to get into the chicken dinner restaurant. The Ghost Town was the first to really be established there and sort of made it a "theme park" but it was mostly to walk around in with some entertainment. But, Walt Disney did go there quite a few times and was even friends with Walter Knott. Walt Disney was at the dedication for the Knott's Berry Farm train I believe. Supposedly the queue for the Calico Mine Train ride was what inspired the themed and switchback queues of Disney.
T music
Gold Hopper
Gold Hopper

Postby T music » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:08 am

And it all started from some berries and fried chicken ... and all during the Great Depression none the less .....love Knotts berry farm where I rode my first scary coaster .. the Montezoomas revenge
DLandChris
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby DLandChris » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:52 am

T music wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:08 am And it all started from some berries and fried chicken ... and all during the Great Depression none the less .....love Knotts berry farm where I rode my first scary coaster .. the Montezoomas revenge
That is a great roller coaster to start with! Such a classic!
Dive Bar Casanova
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Dive Bar Casanova » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:22 am

It was a much different place when I was a kid.
Did it ever have a wonderful, unique charm and a fantastic sense of humor. Every 10 steps you took there was an entertaining curiosity to see or do. All original thought up in house and no other entertainment like it anyplace.
Still a working farm and cannery back then too.

Walter Knott bought up San Francisco Cable cars when the city shut down one part of the line.
He laid down tracks, elect motorized them and powered with a bank of car batteries that were recharged every night.
They were fantastic and a practical transportation for guests around the farm and parking lots.
The family donated the cable cars back to San Francisco decades later when the city restored the system.

Walter had 3 daughters and I served on the Grand Jury with Marion. A story in itself for some other time.
Marion and I got to talking and she was taken back about how much I knew about the farms history and her dad Walter.

Walter was the first on the west coast to blanch and refrigerate and ship produce using the methods pioneered by Birdseye. Walter urged and was an outspoken advocate to other farmers and growers to do the same.
He was a renown farmer way before the Boysenberry came along.
This all led to me eventually meeting Walter Knott which is a story in itself.
bornagainmickey
Gold Hopper
Gold Hopper

Postby bornagainmickey » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:42 am

Dive Bar Casanova wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:22 am It was a much different place when I was a kid.
Did it ever have a wonderful, unique charm and a fantastic sense of humor. Every 10 steps you took there was an entertaining curiosity to see or do. All original thought up in house and no other entertainment like it anyplace.
Still a working farm and cannery back then too.

Walter Knott bought up San Francisco Cable cars when the city shut down one part of the line.
He laid down tracks, elect motorized them and powered with a bank of car batteries that were recharged every night.
They were fantastic and a practical transportation for guests around the farm and parking lots.
The family donated the cable cars back to San Francisco decades later when the city restored the system.

Walter had 3 daughters and I served on the Grand Jury with Marion. A story in itself for some other time.
Marion and I got to talking and she was taken back about how much I knew about the farms history and her dad Walter.

Walter was the first on the west coast to blanch and refrigerate and ship produce using the methods pioneered by Birdseye. Walter urged and was an outspoken advocate to other farmers and growers to do the same.
He was a renown farmer way before the Boysenberry came along.
That's so interesting...how much time in this life do we have to veer off into so many interesting avenues before another avenue to go down appears and displaces it?...which is almost immediately...this is simply a wonderful website...
DLandChris
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby DLandChris » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:31 pm

Dive Bar Casanova wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:22 am
Wow! That is awesome! From all the stories I've heard he sounded like a great guy. I wish I could have met him, and how incredibly neat you got to.