The sights of Disney

All about the Mouse in the East!
The Maher Family
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

The sights of Disney

Postby The Maher Family » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:51 pm

The sights of Disney
What is that sight, glimmer, glimpse, overwhelming, world changing, awe inspiring sight that takes away your breath, leaves you gasping, crying, and over joyed? A dangling lost tear for the reflection of the castle, that mouth agape look at Pandora, or that ear to ear grin that comes from seeing Gaston in real life. What is your favorite thing to see in Disney?
jbletheby
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Re: The sights of Disney

Postby jbletheby » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:00 pm

for me its the projection show on the castle.

i am hoping it will be the new show at epcot
If you can dream it you can do it - Walt
Poppy
Gold Hopper
Gold Hopper

Postby Poppy » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:47 pm

Spaceship Earth for me
Former DLand CM loving life - worked Outdoor Vending & Tomorrowland Attractions (Peoplemover, Submarine Voyage, Mission to Mars, Star Tours) :)
perrya57
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby perrya57 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:05 pm

Epcot at night; and Spaceship Earth just towers over the landscape. It's beautiful. And Animal Kingdom, when you top the hill and see the Tree of Life. Hollywood Studios; with Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway lit up; and the "street" bustling with all of the people. And then there is Magic Kingdom. While I absolutely adore looking down Main Street and seeing Cinderella Castle; I also love walking down the path beside the Castle, and there is The Wishing Well. It's quiet over there; and I am just at peace being in the most magical place on Earth.
CH-GenX
Platinum Hopper
Platinum Hopper

Postby CH-GenX » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:42 am

I grew up dirt poor-food stamp, government cheese, end of the month-saltine crackers with pickles & mustard the only thing to eat for supper poor. I would devour anything I could find WDW and day dreamed about it . As I got older I told myself that my kiddos would get to go to WDW (I think every kiddo should get to) so it's the smile on my family's face that I enjoy the most-

And this....

Old School Signature
Toria
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Toria » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:33 pm

The Maher Family wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:51 pm The sights of Disney
What is that sight, glimmer, glimpse, overwhelming, world changing, awe inspiring sight that takes away your breath, leaves you gasping, crying, and over joyed? A dangling lost tear for the reflection of the castle, that mouth agape look at Pandora, or that ear to ear grin that comes from seeing Gaston in real life. What is your favorite thing to see in Disney?
The Castle all lit up. There are 2 things that has made me cry at Disney. FOP and Tiana being placed at the very top of the castle during the fireworks and projection show.
Live life in your truth!
-Latoria-
The Maher Family
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby The Maher Family » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:56 am

jbletheby wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:00 pm for me its the projection show on the castle.

The moment when the castle seems to be singing, “That’s what friends are for”! Nothing cooler!
The Maher Family
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby The Maher Family » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:56 am

Poppy wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:47 pm Spaceship Earth for me
Lit up at night! So awesome!!!
The Maher Family
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby The Maher Family » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:57 am

perrya57 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:05 pm Epcot at night; and Spaceship Earth just towers over the landscape. It's beautiful. And Animal Kingdom, when you top the hill and see the Tree of Life. Hollywood Studios; with Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway lit up; and the "street" bustling with all of the people. And then there is Magic Kingdom. While I absolutely adore looking down Main Street and seeing Cinderella Castle; I also love walking down the path beside the Castle, and there is The Wishing Well. It's quiet over there; and I am just at peace being in the most magical place on Earth.
All amazing!!!
AnimalKingdomFan79
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby AnimalKingdomFan79 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:31 am

Besides seeing Spaceship earth, the tree of life, the castle ...one thing that does it for me is seeing my parents' reactions to whatever it is that we experience on our family trips ... I remember when my parents had to pinch pennies + get pretty creative to afford to take my brother + I because they wanted that experience for us. Now that I'm older & we can afford a trip here and there without (too much) hassle is a great feeling.

the other, for no reason, is the "circle of life" finale @ the festival of the lion king it hits me in the feels every time
randyf79
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby randyf79 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:03 pm

When you're walking along and see scenes like this...
"What if there was a place...a magical place...where anything was possible! Want to go?"
The Maher Family
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby The Maher Family » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:36 pm

CH-GenX wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:42 am I grew up dirt poor-food stamp, government cheese, end of the month-saltine crackers with pickles & mustard the only thing to eat for supper poor. I would devour anything I could find WDW and day dreamed about it . As I got older I told myself that my kiddos would get to go to WDW (I think every kiddo should get to) so it's the smile on my family's face that I enjoy the most-

Beautiful pictures!

And this....

CoolJames1174
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby CoolJames1174 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:02 pm

Just watched a vlog of a recording artist named Rex Allen. So I decided to look him up and with some help of Spotify, I've found out that he recorded "There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow", the theme song for Carousel of Progress.
The Maher Family
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby The Maher Family » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:30 pm

jbletheby wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:00 pm for me its the projection show on the castle.

Can’t wait for the new show!!!
The Maher Family
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby The Maher Family » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:31 pm

perrya57 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:05 pm Epcot at night; and Spaceship Earth just towers over the landscape. It's beautiful. And Animal Kingdom, when you top the hill and see the Tree of Life. Hollywood Studios; with Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway lit up; and the "street" bustling with all of the people. And then there is Magic Kingdom. While I absolutely adore looking down Main Street and seeing Cinderella Castle; I also love walking down the path beside the Castle, and there is The Wishing Well. It's quiet over there; and I am just at peace being in the most magical place on Earth.
Well said! Love it!!!
The Maher Family
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby The Maher Family » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:35 pm

AnimalKingdomFan79 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:31 am Besides seeing Spaceship earth, the tree of life, the castle ...one thing that does it for me is seeing my parents' reactions to whatever it is that we experience on our family trips ... I remember when my parents had to pinch pennies + get pretty creative to afford to take my brother + I because they wanted that experience for us. Now that I'm older & we can afford a trip here and there without (too much) hassle is a great feeling.

the other, for no reason, is the "circle of life" finale @ the festival of the lion king it hits me in the feels every time
Well said! Hope my kids see how hard we work for great memories.
The Maher Family
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby The Maher Family » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:37 pm

randyf79 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:03 pm Image

I showed my 8 year old how adorable this picture is and she has asked to see it again 3 times since! It’s why Disney is the most magical place on Earth!
Niknak88
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Niknak88 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:20 pm

CH-GenX wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:42 am I grew up dirt poor-food stamp, government cheese, end of the month-saltine crackers with pickles & mustard the only thing to eat for supper poor. I would devour anything I could find WDW and day dreamed about it . As I got older I told myself that my kiddos would get to go to WDW (I think every kiddo should get to) so it's the smile on my family's face that I enjoy the most-

And this....

You are a FANTASTIC parent!! And those photos are so cute!! 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾
Have Courage, and Be Kind!
-Hi, I’m Nikki! (Nikki in the Chat)
-Tomorrowland Lover
-Stitch is my Favorite
-Disney is life!!

The Maher Family
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby The Maher Family » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:57 pm

AnimalKingdomFan79 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:31 am Besides seeing Spaceship earth, the tree of life, the castle ...one thing that does it for me is seeing my parents' reactions to whatever it is that we experience on our family trips ... I remember when my parents had to pinch pennies + get pretty creative to afford to take my brother + I because they wanted that experience for us. Now that I'm older & we can afford a trip here and there without (too much) hassle is a great feeling.

I miss the castle at Christmas!
CH-GenX
Platinum Hopper
Platinum Hopper

Postby CH-GenX » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:15 pm

randyf79 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:03 pm Image

That's awesome!

Old School Signature
Liquid Ice
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Liquid Ice » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:41 pm

For me it is seeing the Millennium Falcon in Galaxy's Edge - the first time I saw it was amazing - but it still takes my breath away every time I see it!

That first view of Cinderella Castle in Magic Kingdom is another favorite.
The Maher Family
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby The Maher Family » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:19 pm

Liquid Ice wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:41 pm For me it is seeing the Millennium Falcon in Galaxy's Edge - the first time I saw it was amazing - but it still takes my breath away every time I see it!

I am a huge Disney and Star Wars fan; still haven’t been to Galaxy’s Edge. So sad...
Liquid Ice
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby Liquid Ice » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:17 am

The Maher Family wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:19 pm
Liquid Ice wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:41 pm For me it is seeing the Millennium Falcon in Galaxy's Edge - the first time I saw it was amazing - but it still takes my breath away every time I see it!

I am a huge Disney and Star Wars fan; still haven’t been to Galaxy’s Edge. So sad...
Next time you go to Disney you'll be able to see it! Make Hollywood Studios your first park, you won't regret it - it is amazing :)
The Maher Family
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby The Maher Family » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:46 pm

The Maher Family wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:57 pm

I miss the castle at Christmas!
The 50th lighting will be cool, but it’s not the Christmas lights!
The Maher Family
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby The Maher Family » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:45 pm

Liquid Ice wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:17 am
The Maher Family wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:19 pm

Next time you go to Disney you'll be able to see it! Make Hollywood Studios your first park, you won't regret it - it is amazing :)
Planning our next trip around Hollywood and Epcot!