My Disney Alpha and Omega moment

All about the Mouse in the East!
The Maher Family
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

My Disney Alpha and Omega moment

Postby The Maher Family » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:29 pm

The Alpha moment is the event that starts your vacation. My Disney vacation begins the minute I pass through the tunnel, glance at the attraction posters, the light brightens my path and I step into the sounds and smells of the park. My heart fills with the excitement of Disney. What is your alpha moment? The omega is my last glimpse of the castle. I always schedule the last day, last second of my trip at Magic Kingdom. I need those last fleeting seconds to stare back and say goodbye. It’s the moment that I say to myself, “I will be back”! What is your alpha and omega moment?

I hope I will be back!?!

Alpha moment during the pandemic is picking out your daily park masks.
Last edited by The Maher Family on Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
KK0213
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Re: My Disney Alpha and Omega moment

Postby KK0213 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:31 pm

Walking in MK and looking at the castle. I just stand there a few minutes and feel at peace....I'm home
Have a great big beautiful tomorrow!!
The Maher Family
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby The Maher Family » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:09 pm

KK0213 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:31 pm Walking in MK and looking at the castle. I just stand there a few minutes and feel at peace....I'm home
Well said!
The Maher Family
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby The Maher Family » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:40 pm

My family usually considers the first ride on our vacation the Monorail at the Orlando airport!
heyfigment
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby heyfigment » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:58 pm

one of my most vivid memories from my childhood is driving to WDW and we knew we were getting close when we started to see billboards and could pick up the disney world radio station. i still sing the jingle everytime i think about WDW. "I'm going to dis-ney world, i'm going to disney world". That's when vacation actually started.
The Maher Family
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby The Maher Family » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:59 am

heyfigment wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:58 pm one of my most vivid memories from my childhood is driving to WDW and we knew we were getting close when we started to see billboards and could pick up the disney world radio station. i still sing the jingle everytime i think about WDW. "I'm going to dis-ney world, i'm going to disney world". That's when vacation actually started.
That’s a great memory!
Wilbur Robinson
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Wilbur Robinson » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:34 pm

Alpha moment: Hearing the Epcot entrance music, scanning my band, and walking into the park!

Omega moment: Seeing Spaceship Earth all lit up as we walk out of the park.. And slowly watching it get smaller the farther we get! So sad! :cry:

But leaving is what makes it extra special when we return. :P
"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
- Walt Disney
AnimalKingdomFan79
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby AnimalKingdomFan79 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:39 pm

alpha - the MCO monorail/getting to the magical express (still salty they're ending it)/getting out into the Florida humidity
omega - getting the magical express notice on the door realizing that it's time to pack!
The Maher Family
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby The Maher Family » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:33 pm

AnimalKingdomFan79 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:39 pm alpha - the MCO monorail/getting to the magical express (still salty they're ending it)/getting out into the Florida humidity
omega - getting the magical express notice on the door realizing that it's time to pack!
I know it’s coming but the door tag is a shot to the heart every time I see it!
The Maher Family
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby The Maher Family » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:49 pm

Wilbur Robinson wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:34 pm Alpha moment: Hearing the Epcot entrance music, scanning my band, and walking into the park!

Omega moment: Seeing Spaceship Earth all lit up as we walk out of the park.. And slowly watching it get smaller the farther we get! So sad! :cry:

But leaving is what makes it extra special when we return. :P
Beautifully stated! I love the imagery!
The Maher Family
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby The Maher Family » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:09 pm

A great Alpha moment is when the check in cast member says, welcome home”!
emily_shaheen
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby emily_shaheen » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:24 pm

Alpha moment for me is arriving at my resort and Omega moment is blowing a kiss goodbye to the castle :(
mary
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby mary » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:16 am

Omg!! I love this topic! I have never heard of alpha and omega moments, but I have most definitely experienced both when saying hello and then goodbye on my WDW trips. My alpha moment would have to be walking through Epcot’s World Showcase. My family and I tend to stay at the Epcot resorts, so we usually start our trip by walking right from our resort into the World Showcase. Just smelling all the food, hearing the music, and then seeing Spaceship Earth in the distance :D Nothing beats the beginning of a WDW trip for me :) For an omega moment, it kind of varies but my most recent WDW trip ended in the Magic Kingdom. My family and I had a great last night in MK. This may sound silly but I call it “The Night of the P’s.” We rode Peter Pan, Pirates, and watched PhilharMagic! So much fun :)
CH-GenX
Platinum Hopper
Platinum Hopper

Postby CH-GenX » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:48 am

My Alpha moment is when I start get the reservation and start planning. The planning is just as much fun as the trip itself. Although this past trip in October was a little different (adr, fast pass, no park hopping).

My Omega moment is when I'm on the plane home thinking about the next reservation. I refuse to get the WDW blues.

Old School Signature
The Maher Family
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby The Maher Family » Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:12 pm

CH-GenX wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:48 am My Alpha moment is when I start get the reservation and start planning. The planning is just as much fun as the trip itself. Although this past trip in October was a little different (adr, fast pass, no park hopping).

My Omega moment is when I'm on the plane home thinking about the next reservation. I refuse to get the WDW blues.
I agree! I have my spreadsheets, Resorttv1 hotel reviews and my Restaurant wish list always ready for my next vacation!
CrinP
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby CrinP » Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:17 pm

CH-GenX wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:48 am My Alpha moment is when I start get the reservation and start planning. The planning is just as much fun as the trip itself. Although this past trip in October was a little different (adr, fast pass, no park hopping).

Definitely the planning is part of my vacation, it's so exciting
The Maher Family
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby The Maher Family » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:06 am

mary wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:16 am Omg!! I love this topic! I have never heard of alpha and omega moments, but I have most definitely experienced both when saying hello and then goodbye on my WDW trips. My alpha moment would have to be walking through Epcot’s World Showcase. My family and I tend to stay at the Epcot resorts, so we usually start our trip by walking right from our resort into the World Showcase. Just smelling all the food, hearing the music, and then seeing Spaceship Earth in the distance :D Nothing beats the beginning of a WDW trip for me :) For an omega moment, it kind of varies but my most recent WDW trip ended in the Magic Kingdom. My family and I had a great last night in MK. This may sound silly but I call it “The Night of the P’s.” We rode Peter Pan, Pirates, and watched PhilharMagic! So much fun :)
The walkout of Epcot at night with the lights and sounds of the park is epic as well!
Brewbud
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Brewbud » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:15 pm

WDW: For me, the anticipation starts with the planning. Builds with the arrival of our Magic Bands, and then again when we step off the monorail at MCO. That Alpha moment is when we finally walk through the resort hotel doors.

Disneyland: The Alpha moment starts with being greeted by the CMs at the gate followed by the stroll through the archways.
jbletheby
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby jbletheby » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:25 pm

alpha is magical express and passing under the Disney sign. omega would be walk down mainstreet seeing the train depot.
If you can dream it you can do it - Walt
randyf79
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby randyf79 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:11 pm

I would say when we strap on our Magic Bands, usually on the airplane right before landing in Orlando.

We normally save the Magic Kingdom for the 'last day' so I would say it's the last look at the castle before rounding the corner to head out the tunnel.

:D
"What if there was a place...a magical place...where anything was possible! Want to go?"
The Maher Family
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby The Maher Family » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:32 pm

randyf79 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:11 pm I would say when we strap on our Magic Bands, usually on the airplane right before landing in Orlando.

We normally save the Magic Kingdom for the 'last day' so I would say it's the last look at the castle before rounding the corner to head out the tunnel.

:D
That last look back; so sad and happy at the same time!
DisneyUpBoilerUp
Mopper
Mopper

Postby DisneyUpBoilerUp » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:15 pm

My Alpha is packing. It all starts there. My Omega is me tearing up looking at the castle as I leave. I literally bawled my eyes out a few years ago at Disneyland. I stayed until 1AM. Circumstance led me to believe I may never go back. :( Luckily, I have been back once since. It would have been more if it hadn't been for the shutdown. For some reason, I don't get quite as emotional when leaving World vs. Land. Not sure why. I think it's because my first trip was to Disneyland in '79 or '80. :)
God Bless, and Happy Disney,
Disney Up, Boiler Up! :P
The Maher Family
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby The Maher Family » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:52 pm

DisneyUpBoilerUp wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:15 pm My Alpha is packing. It all starts there. My Omega is me tearing up looking at the castle as I leave. I literally bawled my eyes out a few years ago at Disneyland. I stayed until 1AM. Circumstance led me to believe I may never go back. :( Luckily, I have been back once since. It would have been more if it hadn't been for the shutdown. For some reason, I don't get quite as emotional when leaving World vs. Land. Not sure why. I think it's because my first trip was to Disneyland in '79 or '80. :)
Looking forward to going to Disneyland; may have been there already had things been different. Your post makes me want to go even more!
The Maher Family
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby The Maher Family » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:26 pm

The Maher Family wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:09 pm A great Alpha moment is when the check in cast member says, welcome home”!
That’s a great Alpha moment and makes me wish I was there!
The Maher Family
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby The Maher Family » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:05 am

Brewbud wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:15 pm WDW: For me, the anticipation starts with the planning. Builds with the arrival of our Magic Bands, and then again when we step off the monorail at MCO. That Alpha moment is when we finally walk through the resort hotel doors.

Disneyland: The Alpha moment starts with being greeted by the CMs at the gate followed by the stroll through the archways.
I hope we can get to Disneyland someday. I want a new Alpha and Omega for there as well!