Where would you stay on a solo trip?

All Star Hotels to the Grand Floridian, don't forget your refillable mug!
Beck
New Hopper
New Hopper

Where would you stay on a solo trip?

Postby Beck » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:47 am

I'm thinking about taking myself on a solo trip for my 40th birthday in September 2022. I can't decide where I want to stay!

If you were taking a solo trip - where would you stay and why?
Happy2012
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Re: Where would you stay on a solo trip?

Postby Happy2012 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:38 pm

Well it depends on a few things. If money wasn't an issue I would definitely stay in a savannah room at Animal Kingdom lodge especially if I was going to have at least one resort day! But then again I am not 'normal' Animal Kingdom is my favorite park :) If I had to save some money but could afford a moderate resort I think I would stay at Caribbean Beach to be close to the Skyliner and areas to relax in a hammock during my resort day.
On the cheap end I would look into renting a trailer and stay at the campsites (not sure how much cheaper it would be) If it wasn't cheaper our go to is Pop Century as it is also close to the Skyliner.
Not sure if this helps but those are my choices for on property. I have never stayed off property so wouldn't be a good resource for that (yet) as who knows what the next year will bring. :lol:
:D Happy
Poppy
Gold Hopper
Gold Hopper

Postby Poppy » Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:56 pm

I'm a huge Poly fan so that would be my first choice, solo or not :)

Back when I was in the military in the 1990's, Shades of Green was my go-to for my first solo trip to WDW & i'll never forget how great it was
Former DLand CM loving life - worked Outdoor Vending & Tomorrowland Attractions (Peoplemover, Submarine Voyage, Mission to Mars, Star Tours) :)
SnowQueen81
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby SnowQueen81 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:59 pm

Most of my trips to WDW have been solo, and thus far my favorite hotels have been Pop Century and Port Orleans French Quarter (which I’m not sure has reopened yet; anybody know?). I liked Pop for the theming and for the proximity to the Skyliner. French Quarter had great theming as well, and the smaller footprint made it easy to navigate. I haven’t stayed at any deluxe resorts yet. Maybe one of these days.
Stuckinbmode
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Stuckinbmode » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:45 pm

I enjoyed many solo trips, mostly Pop, some Ft Wilderness. If I splurge, in the future, I would like to visit Riviera or Beach Club.
AnimalKingdomFan79
Silver Hopper
Silver Hopper

Postby AnimalKingdomFan79 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:38 am

I would say Riviera or Caribbean Beach Resort. I found the benefits of staying near the skyline to be really attractive. You can explore & try new foods, or you can get over to HS/Epcot pretty quickly.
If you're on a budget, Pop Century isn't bad, the quick-service food got a bit boring after a while in my opinion.
Wayfinder
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Wayfinder » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:32 am

Caribbean Beach Resort is a good solo stay. Coronado is not bad if you want quiet. I am wanting to try Port Orleans solo or with a group next.

Also, staying offsite is not bad either. I've rented some nice AirBnbs on solo trips and saved a ton of money.
Wayfinder AKA Trent
Last WDW Visit: 2/11/21
CH-GenX
Platinum Hopper
Platinum Hopper

Postby CH-GenX » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:19 pm

I would check into renting someone's dvc points and maybe looking at a two person studio at the Riveria Resort.

My absolute favorite resort is the Contempo-specifically the Garden Wing. It's cheaper and you don't have to deal with the Chef Mickey Crowds. You can walk to Magic Kingdom or better yet walk home from MK. Some of our best memories are the long, relaxing strolls from MK to the Contempo.

This is the link to a RR studios: https://www.disneytouristblog.com/revie ... er-studio/

Old School Signature
Ashley.in.Wonderland
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Ashley.in.Wonderland » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:10 pm

CH-GenX wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:19 pm I would check into renting someone's dvc points and maybe looking at a two person studio at the Riveria Resort.

My absolute favorite resort is the Contempo-specifically the Garden Wing. It's cheaper and you don't have to deal with the Chef Mickey Crowds. You can walk to Magic Kingdom or better yet walk home from MK. Some of our best memories are the long, relaxing strolls from MK to the Contempo.

This is the link to a RR studios: https://www.disneytouristblog.com/revie ... er-studio/
I think I would second the studios at Riveria. I haven’t stayed there, but they look really cute and would be the perfect size for one.
DisneyFan65
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby DisneyFan65 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:21 pm

As the previous poster said knowing your budget is a big deciding factor. Even if money was no option I would definitely stay at the Rivera, Animal, Saratoga Springs, Poly, and Contemporary. My last solo visit was at Port New Orleans Riverside. It was very nice! I found it had the quietness desired when needed and the attraction of more also. Very convenient to take a boat over to Disney Springs.
jm1670
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby jm1670 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:51 pm

Pop Century. If you plan on spending most your time in the park the you don't need the moderate or luxury resorts.
Jack Peterson
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Jack Peterson » Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:38 pm

I would stay at the Contemporary because it is my personal favorite. I love the views of the Magic Kingdom that it has to offer and I'd be able to watch the fireworks from there every night.
Kathleen R
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby Kathleen R » Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:16 pm

I'd probably choose one of the Monorail resorts or one with boat access like Wilderness Lodge, to be closer to access to the parks.