How Scary is Rip-Ride-Rockit?

Lights, Camera, Action! Universal Studios worldwide!
MelaniesMagicalAdventures
New Hopper
New Hopper

How Scary is Rip-Ride-Rockit?

Postby MelaniesMagicalAdventures » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:34 am

Hi everyone! I am planning on including Universal on my upcoming trip. I was wondering how scary Rip-Ride-Rockit is? The restraint doesn't look like it goes over your head which is where my fear is coming from. I have never been on a rollercoaster other than Rock 'n' Roller Coaster but feel that it is completely different since it is in the dark.

Thank you!
T music
Gold Hopper
Gold Hopper

Re: How Scary is Rip-Ride-Rockit?

Postby T music » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:13 am

MelaniesMagicalAdventures wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:34 am Hi everyone! I am planning on including Universal on my upcoming trip. I was wondering how scary Rip-Ride-Rockit is? The restraint doesn't look like it goes over your head which is where my fear is coming from. I have never been on a rollercoaster other than Rock 'n' Roller Coaster but feel that it is completely different since it is in the dark.

Thank you!
Very intense but awesome if you are a coaster rider
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby MelaniesMagicalAdventures » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:20 am

T music wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:13 am
MelaniesMagicalAdventures wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:34 am Hi everyone! I am planning on including Universal on my upcoming trip. I was wondering how scary Rip-Ride-Rockit is? The restraint doesn't look like it goes over your head which is where my fear is coming from. I have never been on a rollercoaster other than Rock 'n' Roller Coaster but feel that it is completely different since it is in the dark.

Thank you!
Very intense but awesome if you are a coaster rider
I do like rollercoasters, but I don't think there is anything at Disney that can be compared to it?
Aeroangel23
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby Aeroangel23 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:49 am

No the restraint does not go over your shoulders. The way they created it is your seat dips down vs being somewhat level. Then a pretty large arm swings over your lap. So your only restraint is on your waist. It's a bit intimidating to ride but pretty exciting.
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby MelaniesMagicalAdventures » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:34 pm

Aeroangel23 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:49 am No the restraint does not go over your shoulders. The way they created it is your seat dips down vs being somewhat level. Then a pretty large arm swings over your lap. So your only restraint is on your waist. It's a bit intimidating to ride but pretty exciting.
I think you both have convinced me to give it a try. What's the worst that could happen :D
T music
Gold Hopper
Gold Hopper

Postby T music » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:33 pm

MelaniesMagicalAdventures wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:34 pm
Aeroangel23 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:49 am No the restraint does not go over your shoulders. The way they created it is your seat dips down vs being somewhat level. Then a pretty large arm swings over your lap. So your only restraint is on your waist. It's a bit intimidating to ride but pretty exciting.
I think you both have convinced me to give it a try. What's the worst that could happen :D
You’ll like once you do it and try it a least once in the dark of you can so much fun in the dark !! You pick you’re music too
MrSlash00R
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Postby MrSlash00R » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:17 pm

Its only really the first lift hill and drop that are super intense. Its intimidating for sure - but its a unique experience that is really great if you can give it a shot!
cocomonk22
New Hopper
New Hopper

Postby cocomonk22 » Mon May 03, 2021 4:16 am

I think the scariest part is the first lift hill and drop, but I've only gone on it once.
The main feature with Rip Ride Rockit is you can select a music track to ride to.
For indoor coasters you can try Revenge of the Mummy. It has good theming/show scenes. Also Gringotts in Diagon Alley. It's a coaster ride that stops at different screens.
If you go to Islands of Adventure and like a coaster with more show scenes I recommend Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure. It kind of reminds me of Rise of the Resistance where it has multiple types of rides in one, except this one is mainly a coaster.
If you like fast coasters you can also try Hulk and Velocicoaster which are more intense. They don't have much show scenes outside of the queue.