Universal lack of information for vacation planning...

Lights, Camera, Action! Universal Studios worldwide!
pannm
Novice Hopper
Novice Hopper

Universal lack of information for vacation planning...

Postby pannm » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:44 am

When it comes to Disney, there are thousands of sites, blogs, posts, pictures and a wealth of information EVERYWHERE online. And, it's not that hard to find. I LOVE all of that information, because we like to know 'the best of the best' when it comes to planning for our Disney vacations...and we like to know what we could avoid. There are Disney blogs/sites/posts JUST based on theme: all things food, deep dive studies of each park, resort and tours of the entire transportation systems...you name it, there's a WEALTH of info ON it for Disney. And, Resort TV 1 is one of our favorite "Go to" places. They do a great job!

Who else here has searched for Universal food information and come up short? Or, the only information you find is old and out of date? Have you searched for Dining plan information and only gotten information of why NOT to do it? Or have you searched for pictures of food at Universal? Obviously, I'm on the food kick. Hahahaha. Our family is a foodie family and we like to try a bunch of different things. We like to "snack our way through the parks" and get a meal here and there to share.

What information are you wishing to find on Universal before your trip, but you're coming up short? What have you searched for and only old, out of date articles come up?

When we go, we are doing the dining plan and attempting to take as many food pics as possible. I don't really like to just HEAR what people think about each restaurant as they walk by it. I like to see pictures of the food, I like to hear comments and prices of each item...I like to hear/see what a portion size at that location is like.

I like to have access to a "wealth of information" before I go on vacations and right now, Universal Orlando is kind of lacking in some categories of trip planning. I know I can go to their website and get info, but I love to read articles, blogs and participate in conversations with people who have experienced these vacations. I am so happy Resort tv 1 has this forum and has added Universal as a category, I'm just hoping to 'beef it up' so it can be a great place to come for Universal AND Disney tips and vacation planning.
CH-GenX
Platinum Hopper
Platinum Hopper

Re: Universal lack of information for vacation planning...

Postby CH-GenX » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:54 am

It definitely falls short. I even contacted a "trusted" vacation planning company-they do both disney and Uni and it was less than helpful. Someone could fill that gap-and do well for themselves.

Old School Signature
Wayfinder
Bronze Hopper
Bronze Hopper

Postby Wayfinder » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:28 pm

pannm wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:44 am When it comes to Disney, there are thousands of sites, blogs, posts, pictures and a wealth of information EVERYWHERE online. And, it's not that hard to find. I LOVE all of that information, because we like to know 'the best of the best' when it comes to planning for our Disney vacations...and we like to know what we could avoid. There are Disney blogs/sites/posts JUST based on theme: all things food, deep dive studies of each park, resort and tours of the entire transportation systems...you name it, there's a WEALTH of info ON it for Disney. And, Resort TV 1 is one of our favorite "Go to" places. They do a great job!

Who else here has searched for Universal food information and come up short? Or, the only information you find is old and out of date? Have you searched for Dining plan information and only gotten information of why NOT to do it? Or have you searched for pictures of food at Universal? Obviously, I'm on the food kick. Hahahaha. Our family is a foodie family and we like to try a bunch of different things. We like to "snack our way through the parks" and get a meal here and there to share.

What information are you wishing to find on Universal before your trip, but you're coming up short? What have you searched for and only old, out of date articles come up?

When we go, we are doing the dining plan and attempting to take as many food pics as possible. I don't really like to just HEAR what people think about each restaurant as they walk by it. I like to see pictures of the food, I like to hear comments and prices of each item...I like to hear/see what a portion size at that location is like.

I like to have access to a "wealth of information" before I go on vacations and right now, Universal Orlando is kind of lacking in some categories of trip planning. I know I can go to their website and get info, but I love to read articles, blogs and participate in conversations with people who have experienced these vacations. I am so happy Resort tv 1 has this forum and has added Universal as a category, I'm just hoping to 'beef it up' so it can be a great place to come for Universal AND Disney tips and vacation planning.
I am thinking you will see more growth in vacation planning for Universal Orlando as they expand with the new hotels and Epic Universe with some additional child-centered lands like Super Mario and How to Train a Dragon. Dr. Seuss, Barney (now extinct, lol), Curious George and 1 Despicable Me ride at UO just don't cut it. Teens and Adults don't need as much planning as toddlers and kids. Add more IP that kids and toddlers drool for and you will need more extensive travel planning.
Wayfinder AKA Trent
Last WDW Visit: 2/11/21
CH-GenX
Platinum Hopper
Platinum Hopper

Postby CH-GenX » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:44 am

I think their Nintendo/Super Mario is going to be a big draw for adults too-

Old School Signature